Reasons

I had no idea why I wanted to find myself and rose, i just know that did. Maybe it was to relive the old days, maybe so I could give myself hope. Hope that maybe, just maybe, i was still the same man. I wasn't. I had grown old and hateful. Imagine seeing your son and daughter die. It hurt more than that. Losing Amy and Rory. It had made me angry and hateful. But that's okay, because I had good reason. But through that i had become selfish, vicious and clever. No more chances. No more kindness. If you did something wrong, you were punished. Those were my new rules. Amy said when i felt like this i had been travelling on my own for too long, but I know that this was just who I was as a person. To help one cause was to destroy the other, any time I saved a world I destroyed a different one. No matter how much I tried to help there were always casualties, and that couldn't be helped.

The Torchwood Institute. The rise of the Cybermen, the fall of rose. I was there. I'm not even sure how I got there. I went into the massive skyscraper only to be stopped by to men.
"Hello, we've been expecting you Mr Ed Miliband," at this point I was very confused. One, why did he think I was Ed Miliband, I'm pretty sure he hadn't even made his position as the head of labour party yet. Yet for some reason i kept following the men. What was it about them that attracted me to them? They were wearing helmets, so i couldn't see their faces. Black suits, with the torchwood logo. It just looked like daft punk were now working at Torchwood. They turned to me, and this is when i knew what was going on.
"Your wife will see you now," the other man said as he gestured into a room. For god sake what was it this time? I really wasn't in the mood. But never the less i walked in anyway... Maybe i missed her. She was the only thing I had left of Amy and Rory. I knew what was about to come, but I needed help. When i turned the corner into the room, i saw her.