💫First Day Jitters💫

It's 10:00 pm on September 14th and the weather is just starting to get frigid but still somewhat muggy. Today will be the start of my new career as a night staff for the Freddy fazbear co. where my uncle has worked for as long as I can remember. As I sit in my living room chair with my leg bouncing up and down from anxiety I try to focus on the animated movie that I felt would keep my mind somewhat occupied. I take deep breaths. my mind racing with anticipation. this was it. this was the dream job you have been yearning for since you could remember. don't. fuck. it. up. my mind kept repeating itself.
         I had only a few minutes left till my uncle picks me up for my shift at 11:00 pm. I reminded myself that my interview went well and they were existed to have me join the team. Over the phone, a tiered-sounding man had explained to me in great detail what my job consisted of.
"you will be trained by one of our state-of-the-art animatronics that operated in the daycare and they will serve as your co-worker and besides them, you'll be working "alone," he said in a monotone revel [so it's a perfect job for me because I despise human interaction.] "you'll just be doing mild safety checks for the play areas, preparing the daycare and occasionally the party rooms for the next day activities." he continued. "but mostly you are to make sure our animatronic daycare attendant is working accordingly and to report any malfunctions that might occur during your shifts to our mechanics for further inspection. the animatronic will explain it more in detail if you have any questions. ~ ᶦᶠ ʸᵒᵘ ᵍᵉᵗ ᵃ ʷᵒʳᵈ ᵉᵈᵍᵉʷᶦˢᵉ ~" he mumbled under his breath conspicuously.
            I grew up going to the Pizzaplex since my family always had special deals thanks to my uncle, but I never went into the daycare because they had opened it up when I was out of the age group that would participate in it, but I still knew the animatronic sun and moon by the posters of them littered throughout the gift shops that served to advertise their respective candy. I particularly enjoyed putting them in a can of Fizzy Faz as a kid and now I tend to joke that's how I developed my anxiety disorder.
                                   .     .     .    .
             my movie ended and I got up to check myself out in the mirror one last time although not particularly sure why I felt the need to look good but I just wanted to could feel more confident in myself even if it's all placebo. just then I heard a car pull into my driveway, I took another deep breath as I opened my apartment door to step outside. my uncle was patently parked in his blue Volvo XC40 and I sigh and step into the passenger seat trying to swallow my anxiety.
             "Hey! Sorry if I'm a bit early, I have some last min fall cleaning I have to brush up on," he said as he looked both ways.
            "It's all good, I'm a bit nervous for my first day and id just be waiting at the door anyways,"  I said somewhat deflated.
            "Oh I'm sorry to hear that!" he said in surprise "I promise you that there's not much you'll have to worry about one of my best friends designed the animatronic you'll be working with to cater to those who suffer with." he paused as he slowed down at a yellow light.
             "my disabilities?" I asked more than I answered.
             "Well yes but I pushed you to get this job because I know it will suit you and it will help open doors to new opportunities!" he said in a sort of father-figure tone and kept driving. "You aren't obligated to continue if it becomes too overwhelming I just want you to give it a try."
I sighed again looking out the window and watching the moon rise up in the sea of stars thinking about what my new co-worker might look like in person.
              "I am a bit excited to meet Sunny, I've always wanted to see him in person, I love Freddy and Chica but I kinda grew out of animals," I say trying to hide a slight blush I felt knowing I always thought those candy advertisements where cute in a strange way that was different than the other animatronics.
             "oh, that's right! you were too old for the daycare when your parents took you there! you always would head straight for the arcade and the DJ man dance floor!" he said with a laugh. "but didn't you used to devour the sunny drop candy?" he asked
          "yeah! I'd drop them in my can of Fizzy Faz and watch them fizzle up in my drink," I said smiling. "it added a crazy flavor combo I think you should talk to someone higher up and make a new soda flavor for the daycare attendant!" I stated as we pulled into the mega pizzaplex parking lot.
          "that's not a bad idea, maybe I will!" he parks outside the main entrance. "I hope you have a fun first day, your gonna do great I just know it!" he says confidently as I fake a smile as I open the car door and push my body up and out of the car.
           "I will! bye, see ya in the morning!" I wave and shut the door harder than I meant to.
                                    .    .    .   .
          I turn to look at the desirous building that stood before me. I open one of the large doors that brings me into the bright, lustrous main lobby. I walk up to the counters and show them my badge to a staff bot then promptly and I am greeted by the intoxicating sights and smells that surround me. The gargantuan golden Glamrock Freddy statue instantly makes me feel minuscule like it did when I was younger. taking one of the escalators up to the next floor my heartbeat alacritous and pulsating in my skull I accented to the top. in my 20 years on this earth, I never felt such a stiff feeling of calm nostalgia as I embark into the unknown territory that is the superstar daycare hallway. it's lightly unilluminated and a chill slithers down my back as I'm enveloped in the strong scent of chlorinated water that surrounds the shimmering fountain.
                I swipe my card again and watch as the tall metal garage doors open and I am greeted by 2 more great golden statues placed side by side. all around me are small colorful plastic chairs and tables made especially for little ones and in the far right corner past a small desk and the organized whiteboard is an ominous entrance to a colorful tunnel slide. I think better of it and decide to head down the stairs located on the left which will lead me to the base play area.
                 I place my hands on one of the large wood door that remind me of a castle and opened it up.