First Class

Hiccup was really excited. His father had finally come around to the idea of dragons, and he had his mate here to help teach old dogs new tricks. Hiccup had managed to find four local dragons that he felt were perfect for his first class.

He had just gotten them into their enclosures when the gang walked in. Hiccup look up to see his mate lounging on the chains. He simply threw a small dagger to get his teaching assistant onto the ground. Their student laughed at the man's face as it kissed the ground. Hiccup got the five Vikings to settle down.

"So! Today's lesson is built on trust!" Hiccup demonstrated by placing his hand on Toothless's snout, "To do that, you need fish." Jack brought in a bucket of fish and handed one to Astrid. She took her cue and stepped forward. "I have chosen a dragon for each of you, but it is up to you to earn it's loyalty," Hiccup opened one of the enclosures, "Astrid, this dragon prides itself on its appearance and it's deadliness," Out stepped a very beautiful, sky blue Deadly Nadder, "She is a fierce opponent, but an even fiercer friend."

Hiccup motioned for the shield maiden to approach the very cautious dragon. She let the dragon sniff her hand, before she offered the fish. The Nadder took the fish gently, "Aren't you beautiful?" Astrid whispered as the dragon preened at the praise. The Nadder instantly took to the kind human, and huffed as she was put back into the cage.

"Once everyone meets their dragon, you will have the rest of the day to bond. If the dragon allows, you can even name it," Jack then handed a fish to the skittish Fishlegs, "Your dragon is wonderful. She's fierce in battle, but loveable at home. She also very curious."

The rest of the meet and greet were basically the same. Fishlegs was a bit cautious of the dragon, but grew to like her as she instantly asked for belly rubs. The twins were next, and they were very excited to meet their fire breathing, destructive dragon. The Hideous Zippleback was also very excited to meet the twins. The four instantly headbutted and they were ready to conquer the world. Hiccup was only slightly terrified. The others almost wet themselves. Snotlout was last, and it wasn't a very pretty meeting. The Monstrous Nightmare tried to each o short Viking before setting the poor mans butt on fire. Luckily, they have water buckets around the arena for this location.

"Why does mine hate me!?" Shouted Snotlout as he sat in a bucket of really refreshing water.

"He just has to get used to you," Hiccup laughed it off. It was probably nothing to worry about. The Monstrous Nightmare was fiercely loyal once you have earned its trust, "Now, you all have the rest of the day to bond and make ever lasting friendships!" Hiccup smiled as he sat down at the side of the arena to watch.

There were only a few mishaps. Jack and Yuki were on twin duty as they tried, several times, to sneak out with the newly named Barf and Belch to most likely cause panic and chaos. Snotlout had to extinguish his but many, many, many times. But, by the end of the day, Stormfly, Meatlug, Barf and Belch, and Hookfang happily fell asleep in their pens as their newly adopted humans went home.

Hiccup and Jack went to sleep against their dragons happy and proud of the new era they were starting. An era of peace.

A/N: I'm gonna wait and see how long it takes for my sister to realize that I posted this. I hope y'all enjoyed the chapter. Hopefully, it won't be too long before another one comes out.   ~Lilith Out