Chapter 4: Are

Peter woke up from a horrible nightmare. It was dropped off at the Starks' cabin. He swung the door open. It's been about 2 months since Peter's begun to see Morgan and he felt so much...better.

He should've listened to May and Happy in the first place, being with her is what he needed. Peter couldn't see her everyday, it's too much to keep up with so he'd visit on Tuesdays and Thursdays.

Every time the car pulls up, Morgan would be sitting on the steps with her head in her hands, staring into the sky, waiting for Peter.

Each day, he'd tell her a story about Tony and him. Each day she smiled and laughed as if she never experienced tragedy.

Today it was cloudy and drizzly outside, so it came as no surprise that Morgan isn't waiting on the steps as usual.

Peter climbed to the door and walked in. He had been letting himself in for quite some time. For the first week, he'd knock but after continuous reminding, Pepper convinced me to walk in whenever. "You're also a part of his family." she'd say.

Except this time when he swung the door open and had it slam into his face. He turned back to Happy to see he had the same look of confusion as he did. Pepper came out and acted like she was screaming at him. Morgan came out yelling that Peter killed her "daddy". Peter looked to Happy for help, but even the agent defended them.

That was when Peter woke up. His heart was pounding through his chest. What just happened? Peter thought. He heard a buzzing and fumbled his room until he finally found his phone.

"H-Happy?" he said, feeling rather startled.

"Hey, Peter," the agent answered, "I'm bringing Morgan into the city today...Pepper's...not doing very...um...good."

"O-okay..."

"Are you okay?"

"Um, yeah...I'm good."

Peter hung up the phone and tossed it to his bed.

He's been so worried lately about getting closer to Morgan, that one day she's going to find out and that she might resent him for it. He didn't know what he'd do without her in his life.

Peter guessed his imagination got the better of him when he was off guard. Peter got dressed and made his way to the street, he guessed he'll show her around New York City.

Knowing Happy, he'd either send someone to follow close behind or he'd go to do it himself.

As he waits on the sidewalk, his senses kick in, too late. He's grabbed by arms and pulled into the air. He looked to see a man in steel wings.

"Who're you?!" Peter demanded as he tried to wiggle free.

"I'm the Vulture!" the man shouted back.

"No...the Vulture was put behind bars!"

They were so high into the sky that Peter ceased from trying to get free. Now at this point he was holding on as tight as he could.

"You mean my uncle?" the new Vulture asked, "He's soo naive. Didn't believe in killing, he never understood the full potential of this suit, but I do!"

Peter couldn't help but think that he was somehow in a live action comic book or something.

"Why?" Peter asked.

"You're Spider-Man, the man who put my uncle away." the new Vulture answered.

"Wait...h-how-?"

"I've got ways. Now that I have you...I can finally get my revenge for *ruining* his life!"

"Ooh boy..."

"Goodbye, Little Spider."

Vulture then released his grip and Peter, despite his grip, began to fall toward the city below.

________________________________________________________________________________

Thanks for Reading!