Chapter 10: A

They just got back from their trip and Peter and MJ were officially dating, as far as Peter could tell. He was new to this sort of thing. He wished Mr. Stark was here to give him some advice, there was only so much advice he could get from a woman. And as much as Ned would love to give him advice, Peter didn't think a week-long relationship would provide him with the kind of advice Peter needed, but at this point, he was desperate.

"Ah, I remember when I was dating," said Ned, "it felt like last week."

Peter raised an eyebrow at him and smirked.

"I know you probably have extensive knowledge of dating Ned," he replied, "but this is MJ, who happens to not be like ordinary girls."

"Yeah, if 'not like traditional girls' means she likes guillotines and darkness."

Peter shook his head.

"She's more than that...although she's mostly that." Peter explained.

"Yeah, well, I'm here if you need advice." Ned suggested.

"Thanks bro."

Peter reached in for a handshake and Ned happily accepted, leading into the eagle and finishing it out with the oh-so-iconic finger guns.

...

(Basically the beginning of NWH)

...

"What're you going to do, Peter?" May asked.

She wasn't really asking her nephew as much as asking herself.

"I...I don't know..." Peter replied slowly.

Tears welled up in his eyes, blurring his vision. He couldn't help it.

May hugged Peter and ruffled his hair a bit. She continually told him it would all be alright. Peter knew it wouldn't. He laid in his bed that night, repeating over and over again:

"What would Tony do?"

The only answer Peter could come up with was that Tony Stark wouldn't have gotten himself stuck in this situation in the first place.

As Peter was about to drift off, his phone alarm went off. The boy rolled out of his bed in annoyance, staring at the ceiling. The last thing Peter wanted to do was go to school and get stared at all day, getting asked if he was really Spider-Man. What would he even say? Of course he'd never admit it, but just how would he say, "No." without sounding like he's hiding something (despite the fact that he's done this ever since he became the webhead)?

And for all those who were part of the school trip and academic decathlon, it would be made clear why he's always missing.

He heard a faint knock on his door and May walked in.

"Hey, Peter, I just got off the phone with Happy-" she started.

Peter groaned, rolling, smacking his hands to his face.

"So, I know you're not going to like this..." May started again, "...believe me, it took me some consideration, but..."

"If you two are dating, just don't tell me, alright?" Peter interrupted, "I don't even want to know anymore."

"What? No! But we decided it'd be best for you to...go upstate and live with the Starks until this situation gets....figured out?"

"May-"

"Peter, I know you're a superhero, but I'm still your guardian and at the end of the day, I get to decide what's best for you."

"I'm 21."

"If you hadn't blipped. You're physically 17."

Peter groaned in defeat, again.

"Happy will be here for you in half an hour." May stated.

The boy jumped to his feet and threw his hands out towards his Aunt.

"W-w-wait!" he yelled, pulling his door back open, "Half an hour?! What about my friends, the decathlon, MJ?"

May smiled.

"Peter, your safety comes first." May explained, "Your friends can see you, but you have to make sure you trust them. As for decathlon, it doesn't matter nearly as much as your life."

"My life?" Peter asked.

"Peter, this has been all fun and games when you were with Tony Stark..." Peter furrowed his eyebrows in questioning offense.

"But according to the police," May continued, "you're a criminal, probably even classified as a terrorist. Happy has a team of people trying to figure out how to prove that Spider-Man is the hero everyone believes he or you are innocent, but the video was...very convincing."

"This is all my fault...Tony trusted me with E.D.I.T.H. and I just gave it away to a stranger. Some man who used it to hurt others. That will always be on me."

"Peter, right now's not the time to self-loathe." Peter nodded.

Once Happy got there, they loaded Peter's stuff into the car. Peter was able to hug his Aunt May goodbye.

"I love you." Peter said.

"I love you too." May replied, "I'll come up to visit once you get settled, okay?"

"Okay."

Peter then got into the car and slumped down into his seat. The one positive was that he'll at least get to see Morgan again.

________________________________________________________________________________

Thanks for Reading!