Chapter 5: Proof

As the new Vulture flew away, Peter flinged his webs out to a building and pulled himself, mere seconds before hitting the sidewalk beneath him.

He made it discreetly in between the 2 buildings and slipped out. Upon discovering a pearl white car pulled to the curb, Peter rushed over to it. The door swings open and Morgan jumps out, throwing her arms around me.

"Peter!" she yelled in excitement.

"Morgan!" said Peter, masking his currently shocked state, "Hey, how're you?"

"Good...Mommy was being funny today so Happy said I could come here with you!"

"Y-you wanna have some fun?"

"Yeah!"

Her little red sundress blows vigorously in the almost sudden wind.

Morgan looked back at Happy who was watching cautiously, leaning against the driver's side door. Morgan waves to him, smiles sweetly and slips her hand into his. As they begin to walk down the sidewalk, Peter could see Happy out of the corner of my eye, following the two discreetly.

"Wanna lose him?" asked Morgan, nodding her head and smiled cunningly in response.

Peter pulled Morgan onto his shoulders and started to walk faster.

"Peter?" she asked.

"Yeah?" asked Peter.

"Why do you keep looking at the sky? Are you going to take me swinging up there?!"

"What? No, that would be dangerous! I'm just uhhh...keeping an eye out for someone who might stop by."

They walked in Mr. Delmar's Sandwich shop, which he rebuilt after the disaster with the black market weapons a few years ago. It took him a little while, but he finally got to finish it and it's so much nicer now.

They walk through the front and head past the counter.

"Hey, Peter, what're you doing?" asked Mr. Delmar.

"Just going through the back." Peter answered.

"Who's that?"

The shopkeeper gestured to Morgan.

"Oh, this is Morgan." Peter answered.

Morgan stuck her hand out and high-fived Mr. Delmar as they walked past.

They slip quietly out the back door and into another shop just next to it, a comic book shop. Peter pulled Morgan off his shoulders and they duck quickly behind the stand. Morgan cupped her hand over her mouth and whispered:

"Look Peter."

Peter peered over to see Happy looking around confusedly. He asked the clerk if he had seen us, as usual, the clerk wasn't even paying attention and told Happy that he "hadn't" come in.

As soon as the door to the shop closes, Morgan flops on the floor and starts to laugh.

"Wow! How did you do that?" asked Morgan as she giggled for the next part, "He's always following me around; it's kind of creepy."

"He's always trying to follow me. You see, I've become a master at dodging him." Peter answered, "You wanna see Mr. Delmar's cat?"

Morgan stopped in her tracks and looked at Peter excitedly.

"Yes!" she answered with joy.

...

They've been walking in the city for about 2 hours and decided to head home. As we were walking, Morgan turned to Peter.