✧ four

As the hours went on, the party died down, and soon enough there were only a handful of families remaining in the banquet hall. Yujin had waited for this moment the whole evening. Finally he would be able to spend some time with all his friends. They'd apparently been too busy during the party to give him any attention, and though he'd enjoyed his time with Irang, some "guy time" was very much needed.

He'd somehow managed to catch all of his friends like a cowboy catches cows and push them all into a corner of the room, but he was short one friend. Zhang Hao. He'd disappeared earlier into the party, and none of them had seen him since. Strange, for the guest of honor.

"Come on, Yujin, we’re waiting for you," Gyuvin called after him, waving enthusiastically.

Sighing, Yujin made his way back to his group of friends, who’d made sure not to move, lest he get mad at them. "I can't find Zhang Hao hyung...Where in the world did he go?"

Hanbin chuckled, putting a hand on the youngest's shoulder. "Don’t worry about him, he couldn’t have disappeared."

"I'm not worried," Yujin snorted, "I'm angry. We were all supposed to hang out together."

Everyone else held their laughter in at the sight of Yujin's pout. He probably didn't even know he was making that face. Still, it was cute of him to want to hang out with his friends so much. Whenever they were all at a party, he would always make sure they'd at least get to spend some time together.

"Everyone's disappearing," he mumbled, shoving his hands in his pockets. "I haven't seen my sister in a while either." Yujin didn't notice the frown that formed on Jiwoong's face.

"Speaking of your sister..." Ricky started innocently.

"What about her? What did she do?"

Matthew continued, rubbing the back of his neck. "Well, you always told us she was a complete nerd..."

"But, like," Gyuvin chimed in, with absolutely no tact, "she's actually kinda h—"

Thankfully, Hanbin was quick enough to slap his hand over Gyuvin's mouth. He forced a smile. "She's a very pretty lady."

No matter how well Hanbin had managed to put it, compared to what was about to come out of Gyuvin's mouth, it still felt like the sky fell on Yujin's head. His jaw dropped as he looked at each of his friends, one by one. Some shrugged, some chuckled, some reluctantly nodded in agreement. Oh, the utter betrayal.

"Are you guys crazy?!" he said, a little too loud, earning a glare from a man nearby. Now a little quieter, "what's wrong with you?"

"Relax," Matthew said in between laughs, his hands raised in front of him, "we just think she's pretty, that's it."

Yujin shook his head. Though they'd always had this whole "bro code" of not dating their friends' sister, he'd never thought this would ever concern him. He never thought they would...Show interest in Jiyeon? Yujin felt sick at the thought. What were they looking at his sister that way for?!

"I...I'll hit you if you look at her again!" he exclaimed, a very serious look on his face that only elicited more laughter from his friends.

Hanbin patted him on the shoulder, trying to calm him down. "Don’t take it the wrong way. It's just that you've always been complaining about your sister, so she doesn't fit the image we had of her."

"I said she was a nerd, not that she was ugly! And she's very much a nerd, I'll have you know."

Taerae couldn’t help but laugh, tempted to push Yujin's buttons even more. He was cute when he was angry. "Yeah, but at least, she's a pretty nerd. Right, Jiwoong?"