ix. jealousy?

( January 31st, 2022. )

Home games were Lily's favourite games. Watching her friends play the sport they loved never failed to make her heart feel warm, especially when they won their games.

Although, she would have appreciated the warning that she would be sat next to someone she didn't know, but Caitlin apparently did.

"So," Lily drawls out, side eyeing the girl next to her. "How did you meet Caitlin?"

She's not jealous, at all ( maybe she is, but wouldn't any normal person be jealous? A girl she doesn't know suddenly comes in and claims to know the person that she really likes? She's definitely suspicious. )

"We met through school, in the third grade." Emma looks at her with a smile, sipping on her iced coffee.

Lily nods, looking up at the stadiums ceiling. "So, you've never had feelings for Caitlin?"

Emma laughs hysterically, drawing eyes to them. "Fuck no, I don't see her in a romantic way, don't worry."

She cringes, knowing that she's been caught in her little impromptu interrogation. "Sorry, it's just a bit suspicious to me, I mean I've never heard of you."

The girl next to her just shrugs, "I guess the timing was never right. Here, let's start over. I'm Emma," she holds out her hand as she introduces herself.

"Lily," she smiles, taking her hand and shaking it. Looking back at the court, she notices that there's only fifty-six seconds left on the clock.

Ohio State manages to get into the lead with very little time left, which means that the Hawkeyes unfortunately lost the game. Losing away games was one thing, but home games in front of local fans always hit the hardest.

Caitlin's never happy after losing games. Sadness is normally what she feels, but this time is different, as she knows there's nothing her or the team could've done to win with fifty-six seconds left. She engulfs Lily in a tight hug right after the buzzer goes off, which while she appreciates the affection, she would have preferred it to have been when she wasn't full of sweat.

"You played well!" She whispers in her ear, to which Caitlin shakes her head at. "No really, you scored forty three points."

She pulls back from the hug with a crooked smile, looking bashful at Lily's acknowledgement of her accomplishments. "Thanks, Lils, it means a lot."

Lily just shakes her head, "you don't need to say thank you."

     Caitlin nods, "did you meet Emma? I'm sorry for not introducing you two before. Trust me, I would've if the timing was right, but you were both so busy all the time, so," she shrugs, looking around over the top of Lily's head.

     "Yeah, we met. I did get a teeny tiny bit jealous, though," she winces, trying to play it off.

      Furrowing her eyebrows, Caitlin looks puzzled. "Of Emma? Don't worry, I'm only into you."

      Lily looks up at her, "I really want to kiss you right now, so please go shower and then we can go home."

      "Right away." She salutes her, immediately rushing off to where the locker rooms are.

❱ 𝙡𝙞𝙡𝙢𝙖𝙩𝙩𝙮𝙨 𝘩𝘢𝘴 𝙥𝙤𝙨𝙩𝙚𝙙!

♥ liked by monc25 and 104 others

lilmattys tb to when me and sydnie lived in the same state, thankfully me and mon still do 🤝

TAGGED monc25, sydnieavs

𝘷𝘪𝘦𝘸 𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘮𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘴

notcaitlinclark the one on the left🤭
      ⤷ lilmattys who? im directionally challenged, help
      ⤷ notcaitlinclark you??? why would it not be you???
      ⤷ lilmattys right! i knew that

monc25 love you lils 🫶
      ⤷ lilmattys love u mon🫶

sydnieavs miss you sm😭😭😭
     ⤷ lilmattys i miss you more!!!

gabsonthemarsh cuties!!!

katmart you look dumb
      ⤷ lilmattys thank

INTRODUCING...

( Nailea Devora as Emily "Emma" Santos )

SKYE TALKS!my dearest apologies for the short chapter but we have a new character!! if you want to go read a kate martin fic, i strongly recommend you go check out graciesluva 's fic!! emma is kate's love interest and thats all i can tell u as of ...

SKYE TALKS!
my dearest apologies for the short chapter but we have a new character!! if you want to go read a kate martin fic, i strongly recommend you go check out graciesluva 's fic!! emma is kate's love interest and thats all i can tell u as of now, but go READ!!!

love u all <3 thanks for reading, don't forget to comment and vote!!

(ALSO: MANIP IS ALSO MADE BY BELLA, thank you <3)