22

Serenity POV
Later that Night

I woke up from my nap and the twins were at my parents house. Von was standing in the door way getting ready to walk in just as I was about to sit up. I smiled holding my arms out to him getting a hug and a kiss.

Von - Wassup mamas you still on for yo night out with me

Me - Yes baby I wanna make sure I look perfect for you and that it's a great night

Von - It will be watch I promise

I smiled and nodded getting up getting into the shower with Von joining me. Once I got out I put on a Two piece Baby blue skirt set from Fashion Nova along with white shoelace heels and my hair straightened down with a middle part. Von got out and he got dressed grabbing my hand walking me to the car and driving to the hookah lounge. Once we got there it was already a reserved space for us and once we walked over I seen everyone there but Durk and India but he said it was because they were busy at the studio. I smiled and had my fun with my girls and the men who I called brothers. I looked up and I locked eye contact with Quando who was Kentrell's protégé'. Quando was very hot in the music scenery just like Von but he was also into the street shit like both Kentrell and Von. I looked at Von who watched as Quando looked at me and continued to walk around the club.

Von - Baby you good

Me - Yes baby I am fine I promise

Jayda - Boo y'all get together so I can take y'all pictures so y'all can have shit to post

Von pulled me close making eye contact and planting a kiss on my lips then a flash went off. I smiled and Von started swaying me side to side to the music playing. After a couple of bottles it was time to go because Von was drunk as hell. We walked out as a group and Von saw Quando walking up then he just swung on him and they started fighting. I looked over and seen Tim reach for his waistband.

Me - BABY HE GOT A GUN MOVE

Von got hit in his arm but was able to move out the way once the other shots went off and sadly he used Quando as a shield. Tim then turned towards me and let off three shots and I felt my body drop to the ground as I looked back over at Von who was bleeding as well and I started crying.

Von - It's okay baby we gone make it I promise you gone make it

I looked into the sky as I heard sirens in the distance and everything went faint and my vision went blurry slowly fading out.

Omniscient POV

The ambulance arrived putting an unconscious Serenity into the vehicle along with a partially injured Dayvon. Quando didn't survive the shooting so Tim and their friends left the scene. They arrived at the hospital rushing Serenity to the back reviving her and doing surgery to remove the bullets before they caused any further damage. Dayvon was questioned by the police and he said he had no clue why the shooting occurred because it was just a fight between the two young men. Everyone came to the hospital worried about Ren scared she wouldn't make it.

Doctor - Family of Serenity Bennett

Everyone stood up and the doctor told them she was in a coma. India screamed and dropped to the floor crying Durk stood beside her holding her close as well as her father holding her mother. The twins cooed unaware of the scenario of course but everyone questioned who would break the news to Dayvon. Von just got his family back and things were piecing together again so once he found out his heart would be broken. Everyone knew once the news broke that he would heal and go into a rampage and it was a risk he was willing to take.