it ate your cat?! (chapter 8)

i woke up to my alarm, it was 8am. i wanted to go skating today so i decided to get dressed.

outfit:

i grabbed my skateboard, bag and walked out of my room

"hey mom! i'll be back later i'm just gonna skate around the neighbourhood!" i explained to her.

"okay honey have fun!" she replied.

i walked out the front door, shutting it behind me. when i was about to start skating i saw dustin and steve getting out of steve's car.

"oh hey dustin what are you doing?" i asked him, confused on why he was hanging out with steve harrington.

"very important stuff, top secret stuff." he said, clearly in a rush.

"hey y/n can help us!" steve told dustin.

"steve are you crazy?! do you want to get killed by the government!?" dustin whisper shouted at steve.

"what.." i said, confused as hell.

"he's gonna find out soon enough he's literally my friend." steve whisper shouted back at dustin.

"fine. but if you get us killed its all your fault." dustin said pointing at steve.

we walked to dustin's back yard and they told me everything. about how will went missing, the upside down, this girl called eleven with powers and the strange monsters. i didn't really believe them to be honest.. i mean monsters? powers? another dimension? really? but they said they had proof to show me so i followed them.

"dart's in there." dustin said pointing to the cellar of his house.

"you named him? seriously?" i said to the curly haired boy.

"what?! we had a bond!! well before i found out he was a baby demogorgon.." dustin explained.

"and before he ate your cat." steve said under his breath.

"WHAT?! HE ATE A CAT?" i shouted.

"no.. no." dustin said sternly.

"what do you mean? he ate mews. mews is dustin's cat by the way." steve told me.

"steve i told you not to tell anyone!!"  dustin shouted at steve, clearly pissed off.