Chapter Fifteen - A Memorable Date

His warm mouth and his hot tongue parted her lips with expertise and plunged inside, deepening the kiss, and pulling her closer to his body. He wanted to savor the taste of her, to last him a month. Adelaide wrapped her arms around his shoulders and kissed him back, causing a deep moan to escape his mouth. She pressed herself more into him, feeling his warmth, inhaling his addictive scent, committing this moment to her memory forever.

His fingers gripped her waist, his mouth deepening the kiss more. Lost in the lingering minty taste of his mouth, Adelaide couldn't help but surrender to him as he continued to explore her. He released her mouth to catch his breath and trailed it along the expanse of her neck and her shoulder. The thin strap of her dress fell off her shoulder, exposing her creamy skin to his probing tongue.

"I can't stay away from you, Adel." He groaned like a drowning man, kissing every inch of her exposed shoulders and neck with a passion that took her breath away. On feeling him hard and aroused against her, Adelaide felt a strange throbbing deep down that intensified her need for him. She wanted him right now! All of him! As if sensing her need, he tenderly eased out the other strap and the dress dropped, pooling around her waist, leaving her exposed in just a lacy white bra.

Rhett's breath hitched as he stared at her, his hooded eyes drunk with a desire that drove him insane and on the brink of losing his self-restraint. "I want to see you," he whispered. His eyes cast a magical spell upon her and she lost her senses, drowning in them, in him, in his embrace. Her nimble, inexperienced fingers unbuttoned his shirt and pulled it out of him, eager to see all of him. He unclasped her bra, his unfaltering gaze pinned upon her, giving her ample time to back out, but she didn't.

He pulled it off her and traced the outline of her breasts in a featherlight touch as if she was some delicate flower. With her body on fire, Adelaide closed her eyes and arched her body to give him more access, aching for his touch. Rhett lowered his head and claimed the taut peaks, sucking and teasing them, giving equal attention to both. Her hands caressed the ridges and valleys of his muscular body, trailing down to his sexy v-line, making him tremble with need.

"Rhett, please." It was a desperate plea for more. She wanted more! It fuelled his hunger more and his mouth claimed hers again, but this time in a wild and hungry kiss. His hands stroked her breasts as he laid her down on the blanket, not getting enough of one another. The kiss was a lingering yet erotic one, and he finally released her to embed his head into her neck, his tongue working its magic there. The air around echoed the sounds of their heated making out as they devoured each other like hungry predators. Rhett wanted their first time to be special. He wanted to ask her to be his girlfriend when he returned, so he reluctantly released her.

"If I had my way, I would spend all my days and nights with you, Adel, but right now, duty comes first. Let's get you home first, then I'll have to pack," he sighed heavily. Adelaide nodded. She understood. She picked up her clothes and wore them while he watched her with hooded, sad eyes that spoke a lot about the mental dilemma that he was in. Should he ask her to be his girlfriend tonight or when he returned? At last, he decided upon the latter and just pulled her onto his lap and embedded his face into her neck, his heart filling up with longing. They stayed that way for a long time till it was 9 o'clock and Rhett had to drop Adelaide at her granny's house. In ten minutes, they were in front of her gates and Rhett gazed at her with a sad smile on his face.

He had exchanged phone numbers with her earlier, as it would be their only hope for the next month. "See you, Adelaide. Take care and I sincerely hope you don't forget me." Although he smiled in jest, Adelaide clearly noticed the pleading tone in his words.

"Never, Rhett. How can I ever forget you? I'll wait for your call every night. However busy you might be Rhett, don't forget to call me please," she whispered.