Part 6

"I don't like that girl one bit. She has something in her that stops me from reading her." Annera of the girls in the room said.

Annie was the first daughter in the family and had very little faith in humanity as a whole. She had seen her husband and children burnt by the one person she had trusted the most. Despite all of them having traumatized, they had reacted to it differently and she had been the worst. As a result of their trauma, her brother, Aardden, had gotten married to protect Carrie from those who had killed her whole family and since then, he had shut himself away from any form of commitment. Added to the fact that he was now the head of the family after their parents had shipped them away into this world in fear that their offspring would come to harm, they had all become overprotective of each other, moving from one place to another to avoid suspicion and being found. The youngest of them as a family were the twins. Jayner and Janery who had not witnessed much of the war and deaths that they had experience. In their last fight, the two had been asleep when everything had happened. Luckily Ridd had been in their room on guard the day of the attack and had therefore whisked them away before things had become too dangerous. Watching the palace, their home, burn to the ground and the Eastern-Wind people held hostage by the Southern-Wind king, was a fate that would forever haunt them.

The fight with the greed and hate-consumed Southern-Wind king had escalated to appoint where decided he wanted all the four kingdoms to himself. He held the red dragon, one of the powerful dragons from the twelve. Red was the dragon of war and his best trait was annihilation, a characteristic that had led to many keeping away from him, but he had found his rider. All who heard of Red were afraid as he got the name from his eyes and the fire, he breathed which were terrifying to see, but only one human had been able to face him head on.

"Well, we all know you don't approve of anyone who gets in your space. It is not the first time. I actually like her." Jay, who had grown so much taunted his sister.

"It doesn't matter, we still should be very careful about everyone. It seems nobody among us could read her and that to me is enough proof to keep off her. Her aura has been blocked by something and she might be one from Hersherra. Whoever is her protector is powerful, and even if she is not from home, she might be from the other worlds and we both know that just means the same problems. This world's people are easily read, they have the same belief like us and they might be the distorted mirror of our world but others are not.

"Never mind her, if we don't make friends, there will be suspicions and we don't need to attract any attention." Carrie, who normally didn't talk unless asked to, directly contribute.

Thank you for reading my story. Have Fun!!