Time

(POV:Reader)

-"Did you really not know you were part...part of my world?" I asked Jack as we made our way up the stairs to the clocktower.

-"No..."

-"But it doesn't matter, the good thing is I'll be able to come with you" he smiled at me and gently let go of my hand to pull out a set of keys from his pocket.

-"This one should work" he put it into the tower's door and it revealed a room covered in vines and red roses with a large wooden grandfather clock in the center.

-"A mile past the pendulum" I mumbled as Jack opened the door of the large clock.

-Time Skip-

-"Wow, it's beautiful" I gasped, staring at the large and eerie castle in front of us.

-"It's too dark for my taste" Jack replied as we stopped in front of a large wall that surrounded the around's.

-"That's because you don't like anything" I teased and Jack didn't look too amused. He pushed me against the wall before I could leave, one hand against the wall to keep me from leaving and the other twirled a strand of my hair between his fingers.

-"And how would you know what I do or don't like?" he asked, his voice getting serious, which got me nervous.

-"J-Jack I was joking" I turned my head to look away but he held my chin, turning me to face him.

-"Answer the question, Y/n" he whispered.

-"I-I don't-" I turned to look away from him feeling flustered but he held my chin once more to face him.

-"You're red" was all he said and smiled at me, it was then that I realized he was teasing me.

-"Y-You scared me" I pushed him away and he pulled me into a hug, cradling me in his arms a bit.

-"I didn't mean to scare you" he laughed as he shook his head, setting a kiss at the top of my head.

-"I'm sorry," he apologized and I buried my face in his chest, feeling comfort and safe being close.

-"You ready to go?" I nodded.

–Finally Inside-

-"Where should we go from here?" I asked once we reached the inside.

-"Shh" Jack pulled me towards him to hide behind a wall.

-"Look" he whispered and I peered past the wall to see a tall man with a black coat walking through the hall as little mechanical things followed after him. We couldn't see his face so there was no telling if he was someone Jack knew or not.

-"Let's follow them" I tried walking out of our hiding spot but Jack pulled me back.

-"We can't just go walking around"

-"Why-"

-"Because he could be the White Queen's ally for all we know,"

-"He could also not be, he could be your mother's ally-"

-"My mother's the Red Queen, do you really think she had allies?" I shook my head softly in defeat.

-"Let's just go, we have to talk to Time either way, if we get caught maybe he'll take us to him"

-"Fine" Jack took my hand and we both made our way to where the tall man had gone.

The tall man was inside a room, looking around at the various clocks that surrounded him. It was a beautiful room, full of pastel colored skies and fluffy clouds.

-"What is that?" I asked.

-"I have no idea"

The tall man was mumbling something, we couldn't hear it as well but it had to do with someone named Hinkle or something and time being up. It wasn't until a clock came down and he closed it shut that I realized what the 'Time is up' from earlier had meant.

-"They're lives, the clocks" I whispered.

-"We can see if Hatter's family is alive, if the clocks are here it means they're somewhere in Underland" Jack explained and tugged on my hand so we could find a hiding spot since the tall man was leaving but I stayed in place.

-"Love, he's coming back, we have to go or we'll get caught" he tried getting me to move but I wouldn't budge, instead I pulled away from Jack and walked over to the tall man.

-"Father?"

(A/N):

I really debated on the "pushing against the wall" part, it seemed a bit out of place but I kept it in there because I needed more words.

I hope you enjoyed the chapter!

Bye!