I'm Not Jealous, Just Protective

(Jack X Urban's little sister reader AU)

Even before you started dating Jack, he was always protective of you, being Urban's little sister and one of the only girls to hang out with the group regularly, Jack always had a soft spot for you, and honestly, all of Urban's friends did, Jack's was just a little bigger.

You, Jack, and some of your friends had decided to go out to some random club Urban had suggested. Of course, your group had its own private section, which you stayed in most of the night.

"I'll be right back." You told Jack, standing up from your spot next to Jack.

"Where are you going?" Jack asked, reaching up for your hand, intertwining your fingers as you smiled at him.

"I'm going to get a drink, do you want anything?" You asked Jack who shook his head.

"I'm okay, do you want me to come with you?" You shook your head.

"No, it's okay, I'll be right back." Jack nodded, keeping ahold of your hand as long as he could before he let it go as you walked away.

You made your way through the crowd towards the bar, waiting in line before you ordered your drink, waiting off to the side for your drink to be ready. Jack would occasionally look over at you while you were at the bar to check on you. As you were waiting, a guy approached you, once Jack saw that his eyes never left you. It wasn't that he didn't trust you, he did, he just didn't trust the guy.

"What are you doing here all alone?" The guy asked as he approached you, making you turn your head to him.

"Oh, I'm not here alone." You corrected him.

"Well, it sure looks like you are. Do you want to come dance with me?" He asked, and you shook your head.

"I'm here with my boyfriend, my brother and some friends." You told him, hoping that would make him leave you alone. "Thanks for the offer, but I'm okay." You grabbed your drink from the bar.

"And your boyfriend let a pretty girl like you go off on her own at a club to get a drink? Let me buy you your drink." He offered.

"Thank you for offering again, but you don't need to do that." You told him. Jack was watching the whole time, seeing that the guy clearly wasn't going to leave you alone. Jack stood up from the couch, telling Urban he would be right back.

Jack made his way through the crowd towards you, resting his hand on your lower back once he reached you. Immediately looking down to make eye contact with you. You felt yourself relax at Jack's touch.

"You okay?" He asked and you nodded, smiling at Jack softly.

"Yeah, I'm okay, I was just about to come back." You told him, Jack nodded, and he leaned down to kiss you softly before looking over at the guy who had been trying to hit on you.

"Can I help you?" Jack asked the guy who was watching you and Jack now, as if he wasn't the whole reason Jack came over anyways.

"You're her boyfriend?" He asked and Jack nodded.

"Were you trying to hit on my girlfriend?" Jack asked.

"I was just asking her if she wanted to dance, or if I could buy her a drink, maybe don't let your girlfriend venture off alone next time if you don't want anyone to approach a pretty girl like her." You could feel Jack's body tense next to you.

"Sounds like flirting to me." Jack told him. You put your hand on Jack's arm gently.

"Let's go." You told Jack softly, you could tell the guy wasn't going to drop the situation until you two walked away, or a fight started, and you didn't want a fight to start. It wouldn't have been the first time Jack, or Urban got into a fight revolving you, but it had only happened once, and you didn't want it to happen again.

"Okay." Jack agreed, sending the guy one more glare before wrapping his arm around your waist before turning to lead you back to your section. Making your way back to your spot on the couch. Jack pulling you into his lap this time.

"You didn't have to come save me but thank you." You told him, kissing him gently, using your hand that wasn't holding your drink to play with his hair.

"But I wanted to. You're my pretty girl, not anyone else's." Jack said, pushing some of your hair behind your ear. "I just don't like when other people try to flirt with you. Never have, never will." Even when you were younger, before you truly understood your feelings for each other, Jack couldn't stand to see someone else flirting with you, and what was even worse for him was when you'd flirt back.

"I know, but I like when you get jealous." You told him.

"I'm not jealous, just protective."

"You can call it whatever you want, it's cute though."

"Cute huh?" Jack teased, resting his hands on your hips as you took a sip of your drink.

"Cute, sexy, whatever you want to call it." You teased, repeating your words from a minute ago.

"Well, I like it when you call me sexy."

"That doesn't surprise me." You teased, leaning forward to kiss Jack gently. For the rest of the night, Jack didn't leave your side, but you didn't mind, you didn't want him to.