Keeping Secrets

(A/N- This is from my Jack X Urban's little sister reader AU)

Being 2 years younger than Urban meant that you always wanted to hang out with him and his friends. As much as you and Urban got along, there was a couple years when he didn't want you to hang out with his friends, and Jack was the same way with Clay. Jack and Urban would let you and Clay "hang out" with them but realistically you two would just hang out together.

As you got older, and Urban realized you wouldn't tell on him for all the things he did that would get him in trouble, Urban started to let you hang out with him and his friends more. Of course you got close to a few of Urban's friends, but not as close as you got to Jack. You always had a crush on Jack, but it was never anything serious until many years later.

When you were 19 and Jack was 21 was the first time you explored anything more than a platonic relationship with Jack, but it didn't last long, a couple weeks of sneaking around for fun. Both of you realized your true feelings for each other during that time but didn't think it was the right time to act on them.

It took almost 3 more years for you both to feel like you could explore more than a hook up or a platonic relationship with Jack. 3 years of subtle flirting when no one was around, 3 years of glancing at each other when you secretly wanted the others approval of something but were too afraid to ask, and 3 years of thinking you two would never truly be together. Though some of those feelings, or at least similar ones, existed longer that but neither of you knew how to express them. During those 3 years, you and Jack did hook up a handful of times,  but you both made sure that Urban never found out. There weren't dates, kisses to say goodbye, good luck kisses before Jack would go on stage, holding hands as you walked down the street next to each other, so it was easy.

When Jack asked you to be his girlfriend, neither of you thought of how Urban would react but you both agreed to keep it hidden for a little while, but it got harder to hide the longer your relationship went on.

Eventually your friends started to catch on, and even Urban did to a point, he just never wanted to admit that there was a possibility you were dating Jack. It got harder to keep a secret, you would have to find some excuse to be alone with Jack for a few minutes so you could give him a good luck kiss before whatever he was about to do, you had to start sneaking around for dates, which you both found kind of fun at first but quickly got annoying.

Jack had to think of a reason to have you join them when traveling more than you already did. Claiming it was because one of Urban's biggest complaints when traveling was not being able to see you as often, you and Urban had grown a lot closer from the times when he wouldn't let you hang out with him and his friends. Little did Urban know that that had quickly became one of Jack's biggest complaints also. Jack wanted you around, maybe even more than Urban did. So, the only reasonable solution was to take you with them when they could, for Urban's benefit of course.

There were even times when you would sneak over to Jack's hotel rooms, like you did most nights, you slept better when you were in his arms. One night Urban had come over for something he had forgotten earlier, both of you having to think of an excuse of why you were in Jack's room and not your own. Even though that was the day Urban started to get suspicious of your relationship, he never thought his little sister would lie to him, or his best friend.

After the incident at the hotel, you and Jack decided that finally at 4 months into your relationship you would tell Urban. Part of you waited so long to tell Urban because you feared his reaction, but you also wanted to wait and make sure your relationship with Jack was serious first. There was no point in telling Urban about a relationship that wasn't going to last, and you and Jack were at a point that you felt like it would.