33. Monsters

Callum's POV:

Harry came back yesterday. Irene was having a talk with him right now in her office. I knew she would tell him about the ring.

But I was worried for Rose. If Irene tells Harry about Rose, she might get sacked. I don't want that.

From the corner of my eye, I saw Rose laughing with another co worker. They looked to be pretty good friends.

But then, Rose's sight drifted somewhere else and her smile immediately dropped.

I followed her line of sight and saw Harry standing outside Irene's office, his eyes fuming with rage.

Rose gulped and immediately said bye to her friend and walked away. I saw Harry following her and she increased her speed.

But Harry caught up and grabbed her arm. I immediately got up from my place and followed behind them.

It seemed like Harry was dragging her to his office. Rose followed quietly, not saying a word.

Harry pulled her into his office and slammed the door shut. But luckily for me, he did not lock it. I opened it slightly and peeked in through the crack.

"How dare you!" Harry slapped Rose across her face. A gasp left my mouth, but thankfully, no one heard it.

"I-I'm sorry sir" Rose said. She was crying now. But Harry didn't seem to care.

I immediately took out my phone and started recording. I needed Irene to see this.

Harry fisted her hair and pulled back harshly. Rose let out a whimper. "I warned you, didn't I?" Harry asked.

She nodded; her eyes shut tight now. All the memories of how Sandra treated me this exact same way came running back to me.

"Now I have to fire you" Harry said. Rose vigorously shook her head. "Please sir, I really need this job" she cried.

"Should've thought about it before complaining to my daughter" Harry spat at her. He let go of her hair and Rose stood there trembling.

Harry took his seat and stared at Rose intently. "How bad do you need this job?" he asked. "I really need it is sir" Rose said.

Her sobs had turned into hiccups now.

"Why do you need it so bad?" Harry asked with a smirk. I could tell he was planning something evil.

"I'm the only one who earns in my family sir. My husband was in a car accident last year, he is still recovering and unable to walk. I have 2 daughters who need to be taken care of" she said between hiccups.

"Aww, such a terrible life you're living" Harry said, showing fake sympathy.

Tears were still falling from Rose's eyes, but she was trembling slightly less now.

"What do you say....I give you an offer?" Harry asked.

Rose looked up at Harry but since the door was opposite to Harry's desk, I could only see Harry's face, not Rose's.

"W-what offer?" she asked, her voice hesitant. Harry smirked.

"You see, my wife left me around 19 years ago. Ever since, I've been looking for pretty girls like you satisfy my needs" he said.

I felt disgusted hearing such words from him. He was a miser, I knew that. But I thought that being a miser was the only bad trait he had.

But now I was ashamed of calling him my father in law.

"S-sir, I don't think–" "Do you want your job or not?" Harry asked, his tone now threatening. Rose started crying again.

"Sir please" she sobbed. But Harry just rolled his eyes at her.