38. Task 1

Callum's POV:

We decided we would break the task. I would get Harry's fingerprints, and Irene would get the file.

The reason for this was that Irene can get into Harry's office without having a reason. She would look much less suspicious doing it.

I however, was stuck with the harder task. How the heck was I supposed to get fingerprints?

As I contemplated my life decisions at my work desk, my eyes landed on a file. Like a lightbulb, an idea flicked in my mind.

If I could get Harry's fingerprints on the file, we could just use powder and tape to get it off.

With a new found determination, I grabbed the file, emptied the contents, and washed the file cover.

I asked the janitor for some gloves, and put the contents back in the file. I took the file and headed to Harry's office.

"Come in" Harry said as I knocked on his office door. "Hey, I just needed some signatures of yours" I said.

"Why didn't you send Rose in that day?" Harry asked, out of the blue. "Oh um, we were working for the entire day" I gave an awkward smile.

"Why is she on vacation right now?" he asked. "You're gonna have to ask Irene that" I said quickly. Why should I alone get in all the trouble?

Harry sighed. "What signs do you need?" he asked. "Oh yeah...just on these papers" I handed him the file.

"Why are you wearing the janitor's gloves?" Harry asked. I'm a fucking idiot! Why didn't I think of this?!

"Oh umm....." The heck do I say??? Harry eyed me suspiciously and my heart beat picked up speed. Shit shit shit! I'm gonna get caught!

"Allergy!" I almost screamed. "I had an allergic reaction which caused blisters on my hand. So I'm just preventing it from spreading" I said.

I saw Harry's expression change and my heart calmed down a little. "Oh you poor thing! I have an EpiPen if you need" he said.

I shook my head and smiled. "Thank you, but I already took my medicine. It'll go away in a few hours" I lied.

I was myself shocked at how good I was at lying. When the heck did I develop this talent? Probably when I lied to Sandra all the time.

Anyways, mm plan worked out, and Harry put his fingerprints on the file's cover. "Thank you" I said and left the cabin.

I released a breath I didn't know I was holding when I closed his cabin's door. I rushed to Irene's cabin after that.

---------------

Irene's POV:

"You sure we can get working fingerprints this way?" I asked Callum as I looked at the file my father had supposedly touched.

"I don't have a better idea. If you do, then why don't you enlighten me a little?" he said sassily. I raised an eyebrow at that.

"Watch your tone" I warned. He rolled his eyes at me and grabbed MY water bottle and drank from it.

It wouldn't have been that big of an issue normally, but his own bottle was right there! Plus, mine is filled with vitamin C water.

"Hey! Drink from your own bottle!" I said. "DRinK fRom YoUr OwN BotTle" he mocked me and took a seat across me.

Huh? This is so not like Callum. But then, my eyes went down on his body. Callum junior, was trying to break out of the jail of the pants.

I smirked. I walked behind Callum and blew on his ear. He shivered and immediately sat straight. I fucking love how sensitive his ears are!

"Is someone being bratty so that he can be punished?" I asked seductively.

I knew Callum was a masochist, so wanting a little spanking, is something he can't control.

Callum gulped and played with his fingers. "Answer me baby boy. Does someone want a little spanking?" I asked. He nodded.

"Y-yes mistress" he said, shifting uncomfortably in his seat. I hummed and trailed my hand down his body towards his crotch.

"Fuck!" he muttered when I gripped his erection. "What if someone saw this hm?" I asked and licked his ear lobe.

"S-So hard mistress" he whimpered and I let go. He whined and immediately caught my hand, trying to put it back.

I pulled it away and tugged on his hair. "I'll give you your punishment when we get home. We have other things to focus on right now" I said.

He whined but nodded. I wiped the one tear that fell from his eyes and kissed his cheeks. "Now come on. Back to work baby" I said softly.

He fixed himself a little and stood up. "Can I have your compact powder?" he asked. "Sure" I said and grabbed it out of my bag.

And don't you dare judge me! I'm a girl with oily skin. I need this okay?

Callum put my compact powder all over the file's cover and my heart ached at how my powder was getting wasted. But it had to be done.

He wiped off the excess powder with my brush and soon we had fingerprints we could see.

Very expertly, Callum transferred the fingerprints onto a tape and gave it to me. "How do you know how to do this?" I asked.

"Well, before getting married to you, I had a fingerprint lock on my room door. So I learnt this method so that I could get out" he said.

They locked him in his room?! I sighed. What was I expecting? Of course they did.

"I'm sorry you had to go through all that as a little kid" I said, genuinely feeling sorry for him. But Callum just smiled at me.

"It's alright. I'm over it now. Besides, even though they forced me in this marriage, look where we are now" he said.

This was another thing I loved about my husband. He was so optimistic. I don't even understand how. He had such a shitty life, but he still found the silver lining in the cloud.

"Alright then, I guess it's my turn now" I said with a smile. Callum nodded and said goodbye to me as he walked out. Oh god! I was about to steal from my father.

Work got over at 4:00. So I stayed back till 5:00. Once I was sure that the entire office was empty except for me, I put my plan in action.

I messaged the security guard to shut off the cameras in dad's office. I will pay him later to keep his mouth shut.

Once I received a green light from him, I went into dad's office, used the fingerprint and opened the safe. Oh. My. Fucking. Lord!

The safe was nothing like I expected. Instead of files, it was filled with gold biscuits, stashes of money, and so much jewelry.

I shook my head to get out of my thoughts and grabbed the only file in the safe – the red one. My hands itched to open it, but I controlled myself.

I went to the guard, gave him some cash, and shut him up. I'll have to fire him later. He got bribed so easily! The company needs loyal workers.

I took the file and immediately headed home. We were going to receive the call soon, and I wanted to be with Callum during it.