Clubbing

~With Kenji~

Well, I was just called to Jin's office for something and it had to be a favor or something. I don't know what it was, but I know for a fact that it has to do with a mission.

I knocked...

Jin: お入りください。 (Come in.)

...and I entered with intrigue as I saw Masami here as well.

Jin: それでケンジ、今の気分はどうですか? (So Kenji, how are you feeling at the moment?)

Me: 働けます。 (I can work.)

Jin: それは良い。さて、前回の任務はうまくいきました。再び一緒に仕事をするのは簡単です。 (That's good. Now, your last assignment went well and it's a no brainer to have you two work together again.)

Me: 大丈夫。 (Alright.)

Masami: わかった。 (Okay.)

Jin: これは楽しいことになるよ。舞台は東京のすぐ南にあるナイトクラブ。問題は、そこの従業員の 1 人が、誰が全体を実行しているのか、またその内容についての情報を持っていたことです。ほら、あそこのネズミの一匹は鳴きませんが、情報提供者の一人のおかげで、私たちは彼の写真を撮ることができました。 (This is gonna be a fun one. It takes place at a nightclub, just south of Tokyo. The problem is that one of the employees over there had the info as to who's running the whole thing and what it's about. You see, one of the rats over there won't squeak, but thanks to one of our informants, we were able to get a picture of him.)

He gave us a pic of the guy and I have to say, he looks too evil to work for a boss, but the problem is that he's a gaijin, so there's no way we can speak English.

Luckily, we have someone in the Gumi that is also a gaijin, who can translate for us.

Jin: 私たちにはジョーという名前のガイジンがいます。彼は日本語と英語の両方を話すことができます。尋問を容易にするために、必ず彼を連れて行ってください。 (We have a gaijin of our own named Joe. He can speak both Japanese and English. Make sure you take him with you, just to make the interrogation easier.)

Masami: 私たちはそうするつもりです、お父さん。 (We plan to, father.)

Me: やり遂げます。 (We'll get it done.)

Jin: それが私が聞きたいことです。ただし、ここはよくある他のナイトクラブとは異なることに注意してください。 (That's what I like to hear. Keep in mind though, this isn't like any other nightclub that you would go to.)

Me: それは何ですか? (What is it?)

Jin: ファイトクラブバーです。そこでは多くの人が戦いやそのようなことが起こるのを見ることになるでしょう。あなたに戦いを挑んでくる人がいるかもしれませんが、その人を見つけるときはそのことを念頭に置いてください。了解した? (It's a fight club bar. It's where lots of people would see fights play out and shit like that. There could be anyone challenging you to a fight, but keep in mind of that as you try to find the guy. Understood?)

Me: かしこまりました。 (Yes sir.)

Masami: はい、お父さん。 (Yes, father.)

Jin: とりあえず、溶け込むために何か着るものを手に入れましょう。 (For now, get something to wear, just to blend in.)

Me: はい、ボス。 (Yes, boss.)