A Hit

~With Kenji~

The next day, I had to meet with Jin about what happened yesterday, regarding the whole thing with me sacrificing the top joint of my pinky finger and then Masami doing it.

I had to make sure that I meet with him or it'll be a problem.

When I walked in, I saw that Masami was in here as well and she was looking a bit sad about me taking the punishment yesterday, especially when she cut off her own pinky as well.

Jin: ケンジ、そこに座ってください。 (Kenji, have a seat.)

I sat down as I was wondering what he was going to say.

Jin: 昨日起こったことは必要なことだから二人とも許せますが、雅美さん、もう小指を犠牲にするのはやめてください。 (I can forgive both of you for what happened yesterday as it was needed, but Masami, never sacrifice your pinky again.)

Me: わかった。 (Okay.)

Masami: わかった。 (Okay.)

Jin: 他にも、タカオはダウンタウンでバーを経営しており、そこが本拠地であるという情報も得られた。リスクが高いので、現時点では何もできません。ただし、当面は控えめにします。とりあえず、二人とも休みを取ってください。勝ちましたね。 (Other than that, we got information that Takao runs a bar downtown that's actually his home base. It's risky, so we can't really do anything at the moment. However, we're gonna keep low for the moment. For now, you two take a day off. You earned it.)

Masami: お父さんありがとう。 (Thank you, dad.)

Me: かしこまりました。 (Yes sir.)

We walked out of his office as we had to know what was really going on.

Me: これは好きではありません。何かが間違っています。 (I don't like this. Something ain't right.)

Masami: どういう意味ですか? (What do you mean?)

Me: いつ高尾会の連中がここに来るかもしれないし、他の可能性もあるかもしれない。言っておきますが、あなたのお父さんは何かを隠しているので、それが何であるかを調べなければなりません。 (There could be some guys from Takao-Kai coming here at any moment, and there could be other possibilities. I'm telling you, your dad is hiding something, and we gotta find out what it is.)

Masami: 調査しなければならないということですか? (You mean we gotta investigate?)

Me: それは正しい。 (That's right.)

Masami: それはやめましょう。彼は、その日は休んでもいいと言いました。 (Let's hold off on that. He did say we could take the day off.)

Me: あなたが正しい。申し訳ありませんが、少し偏執的な感じがします。 (You're right. Sorry, just feeling a little paranoid.)

Masami: わかった。 (I get it.)

Me: それはそれとして、どこかに連れて行ってあげませんか? (With that out of the way, how about I take you somewhere?)

Masami: 私をデートに誘っているのですか? (Are you asking me out?)

Me: 何が私をそう思うのですか? (What makes you think I am?)

Masami: まず、あなたは満面の笑みを浮かべました。第二に、あなたはいつものスーツを着ていません。そして第三に、私に彼らと付き合いたいかどうか尋ねたのはあなただけではありません。 (First, you got a smug smile on your face. Second, you're not in our usual suit. And third, you're not the only one to ask me if I wanted to go out with you.)