two : reverse hunting

It had been a long night

Scott had gotten in Argent's car and they had been following them for at least ten minutes. They, Derek, Isaac, and Grace, watched Scott try anything to get Argent to help. And this was his last resort.

And, Grace had no idea how, but it worked.

Argent dropped a bag on the ground as he crouched with Scott.

"Tracking them by print?" He asked them.

"Trying to," Scott nodded.

"Well, then, you've been wasting your time," Chris simply stated. "There's only one creature on earth that can visually track footprints, and that's man. And if you're not trained like me then you have no idea that," He said as he pointed to prints right in front of him, "this print is Boyd's, and these," Chris said as he pointed to one directly next to him.

"Are Cora's," Isaac attempted to finish his sentence.

"Nope," Argent told him. "They're yours. You trampled Cora's as soon as you walked over here," He took his attention off of that and directed it toward the four of them. "Listen, I know the four of you are focusing half your energy on resisting your own urges under the full moon. But that puts you at a severe disadvantage to Boyd and Cora, who've fully given in. They put the pedal to the floor when you four are barely hitting the speed limit."

"So, you want us to what? Give in?" Grace asked sarcastically.

"I want you to focus on your sense of smell," Chris told them. "Actual wolves are known to track their prey by up to 100 miles a day by scent. A trained hunter can use scent to track them. If the wind is with them, wolves can track a scent by a distance of two miles, which means we can draw them to us or into a trap," He said, throwing a net toward Scott.

"The full moon does give us one advantage. They'll have a higher heat signature which makes them easier to spot with infrared," He threw each of them a pair of goggles.

"Thanks but, I've got my own," Derek smiled as he glowed his eyes at the man.

"Just remember, we're not hunting wild animals. Underneath those impulses are two intelligent human beings. Don't think they can't rely on that human side. It's suppressed, but it's there. Reminding them how to mask their scent, how to cover their track, how to survive."

Chris walked out with the four werewolves behind him to look out at the entire city. "When was the last time you saw your sister?"