one : hallucinations

Stiles was on his way to Grace's apartment building to pick her up for school

Stiles was on his way to Grace's apartment building to pick her up for school. He had been doing it ever since the entire thing with the Nemeton.

He found that he liked her riding around in his car. She would leave little things in Roscoe. Her pen, an earring, a hair tie, a thread bracelet, a small necklace, and once, a tube of lip gloss. The smell of Vetiver lived in his car for all the times she sprayed perfume in it.

He liked it. But it was so oddly domestic that he almost barfed. He liked it more than it scared him, though. A lot more.

The blonde climbed into his car and greeted him with a sloppy kiss on the forehead that she had been doing recently. Before or after she had put on her lipstick or gloss, she would plant a kiss on either his cheek or forehead. Thankfully, this time it was before the lip gloss.

"How was your morning, good sir?" She joked as she started to apply the pinkish-red gloss to her lips.

"Pretty terrible, actually," He said as she looked up from her tiny mirror with a worried expression. "Have you ever heard of sleep paralysis?"

"Yeah," She said as he pulled the car out of its parked position. "When your mind wakes up before your body does. Are you having sleep paralysis?"

He nodded once and swallowed thickly. "I, uh, I woke up a lot last night, but I never actually woke up," He said, his hands shaking at the wheel. "I would be in class, or it would be in the morning when my dad usually wakes me up, and I don't even know if I'm dreaming to not."

Grace's eyes softened at his words. She didn't know he was going through that, and she didn't know if she could help at all.

"Nightmares?" She asked, placing a comforting hand on top of his that was resting on the side of his head.

"Yeah," He released his head from his hand and let her hold onto it. "In the nightmare, I was talking to Scott, and I didn't know if I was awake, and then I woke up, and I started screaming, and my dad came in, " He said, choking up as tears welled in his eyes. She told him to pull over, about two miles before they entered the school grounds. "Why?"

"Because, you can't drive right now, Stiles, pull over," She said softly. He did so and exited the front seat and went over to the passenger's side and she did the opposite.

Grace pulled the car back into the road she let him tell her everything about what happened. And this morning when he couldn't read, the words jumbled all over the page.

He looked so overwhelmed. He looked like, for the first time since she had met him, he didn't know what to do. And he was driving himself crazy.