Chapter 7

Tonya POV

Time continues to flow, and the night of my 8th date with Miles has come. He's coming over to my place to watch a movie or two on my projector. Ever since I watched The Ring I only trust a projector in my presence.

Popping my popcorn, I hear a knock on the door.

I shout, "It's open!"

The door opens, Miles's voice fills the air, "That's not safe."

I chuckle, "Hello to you too. Plus, who else would knock on my door?"

"A murderer."

I look at him and smile, "I don't think he'll want to fuck with you."

This makes Miles smile a bit, walking past him he follows me into my bedroom.

"Woah."

I nod, "Yeah, I told you my setup is flawless."

Placing the bowl down, he plops on the bed. I notice his shoes are off making me smile at his polite nature. Pulling down the white slip from the ceiling, it lands perfecting.

While he looks around my room, making little comments I turn on my projector.

"Got it from my Dad, his way of making up for not being here."

He can tell it's a sour subject, but whatever.

Chromecast hooked up, slipping beside him, I take the bowl with me. Leaning against the Dozen of silk-cased pillows that make me feel safe at night.

Following my lead he sits beside me, I can tell he's nervous despite how he tries to hide it.

Letting him choose, the horror movie starts.

Am I crazy for laughing during the movie?

Hey, I can't help that these fuckers are dumb or the killer looks silly running and fighting in such shitty formation. Commenting here and there during the movie Miles and I continue the trilogy.

I can feel him looking at me from time to time, finishing the bowl he sets it aside allowing him to sit a bit closer without anything in the way.

The tense music and frail screams drown out as I finally meet his gaze. Looking down at me, I feel like he can swallow me whole.

Looking at my lips briefly, I hold my breath, as he leans closer. I meet him half away, welcoming his lips with open arms. As the kiss deepens he grabs my hips.

Holding the back of my head, not messing up a single hair of my braids, he deepens the kiss.

Melting, I place my hand on his chest, feeling his heartbeat he slips his tongue. I quickly adjust to it, allowing him to explore me. Parting, I look into his eyes, in a haze, he brushes his lips against mine, and before we can kiss again his phone rings.

He curses under his breath, "Fuck."

Pulling away my hand away, he grabs it firmly. Looking into my eyes he keeps it on his chest, not taking a single glance away. Talking on the phone, the words blur. I can only focus on him, only him.

Hanging up, he speaks softly, "I gotta go."

I nod my head, pulling me closer, he kisses me again, it's deep and warm.

I'm in a daze.

Standing, he smiles at me before walking away and leaving me alone on my bed. I turn off my projector and lock my door. Falling on my bed, I can't help but kick my feet with a shit-eating grin on my face.

The next day comes, and this grin doesn't leave my face.

From waking up, work and getting ready to patrol. The only downside is that Prowler isn't around leaving me alone to do my thing. It's an easy night, ever since my last big mission fear has run the streets of coming face to face with me.

This has mad life easier, separates the stupid from the bold.

Crawling through my window after the easy night I take off my mask.

Drinking the cool liquid out of my Cinnamoroll water bottle, I look at the time and smile.

"I wonder if he's up."

Hearing my window open, I turn my head to see Prowler slip through the window. Turning around, almost getting whip lash, he freezes, staring at me.

Still, I drop my water bottle, giving him a nervous smile I wave at him, "Heyyyyy."

Quiet he steps aside, closing the window behind him.

Walking over to me, I straighten up.

"Surprise?"

I try to read him but I'm fucking nervous. This isn't how I was eventually going to tell him.

The silence is killing me, "Are you gonna say something?"

Walking closer to me, he deactivates his mask. It doesn't take long for him to tower over me, and I can't seem to move.

Before I can say anything he kisses me, he fucking kisses me.

Gripping my hips he holds me close, deepening the kiss all over again. Pulling away he looks down at me, making me relax, I whisper, "I thought you were going to yell at me, or at least be mad."

"Can't really talk."

Jestering his clothes, I smile, "Yeah."

He slips off his armor, placing it to the side, I smile at him, "Can you turn around for me?"

He looks at me before doing so, "You really go commando in your suit?"

I hum, "No, I wear panties."

This makes him shuffle but I don't mind as I slip on a tank top and some black shorts.

"You can turn around."

Doing so, he relaxes, grabbing his hand I pull him to my bed. Laying down, he joins me, pulling me close to his chest as I get comfortable. A comfortable silence fills the room, but I interrupt it.

"Why did you become the Prowler?"

He plays with the ends of my braids, "My Dad, he died protecting my Ma. Everything got worse in the city so my Uncle taught me everything I know. After I turned 19 I took on the mantle."

I nod, "I'm sorry you lost him."

"It's ok, things will get better. What about you?"

I remember it like it was yesterday, "My Mom got shot, stupid gang, wrong place, wrong time. Broke my family, broke me, but after getting bitten by a weird spider it gave me the ability to make a difference, and here I am."

"I'm sorry."

I kiss his chest, making his heartbeat speed up.

"Wait a spider?"

I nod.

"Gross."

This makes me giggle, "I didn't think you wouldn't like bugs."

"Who would?"

I look up at him, "Well tarantula's are fluffy and cute."

He gives me a look of disgust making me laugh, "I'm kidding, I'm kidding, I'm more of a snake girl myself."

Giving him a silly grin he kisses my forehead making me feel at complete ease. Sleepy, I speak softly, "Can you stay?"

He nods, "Yeah."

Dimming the lights he slides the covers over us, taking in his scent, I feel at ease as the darkness takes over.

I'm awakened by gentle kisses along my neck, opening my eyes slowly, I see Miles looking down at me, "I gotta go."

Nodding, he pecks my lips, something I'm realizing he's addicted to.

"Be safe."

Smiling at me one last time, I drift back off to sleep.