Chapter 12

Tonya POV

Stuffed from Mrs. Morales's cooking, I walk home alone, much to Mile's protest. But the bags under his eyes told me all I need to know.

He's exhausted, and he needs to rest.

Stepping inside, my gaze falls on my Dad.

Looking at me briefly, I'm quiet.

I love him.

I really do, but after last time, and all the other times before, I have to accept it.

I finally accept that he's gone.

There's no point in fighting, no point in pushing, no point in want or hoping.

His gaze on me is short, but he continues forward. Walking past me, I follow his lead, heading into my bedroom quietly. Hearing the front door close behind me, I feel a piece of me break, a piece of me go numb.

I can't worry about that.

Not now.

As the sun finally sets, I put on my suit, and head out to a long running drug ring. This is a solo mission, an easy in and out with little survivors. Finding the abandoned building, I can tell from here it's weak, and old.

Seeing vans and cars parked not too far and the small flickering lights inside I know I'm in the right place. Landing, I walk over, creeping in the darkness. Seeing the guard, I appear in front of him.

"What th-"

Punching him across the face, he's out like a light. Then I slip inside, the room is scattered. But the smell of chemicals and distant mumbling of people lead me deeper in the building. As I walk through the hallways quietly, I notice stacks of cocaine.

"Bingo."

Walking over, I start to open the packages, pouring it on the dirt floor, I mix it in the mud and dirt. Can't sell shit when it's fucked up.

I continue to do this to any ounce of white I see as I search the place carefully. Taking down anyone that stands in my way I finally make it to the big room, the main room.

My presence is known quickly but they don't do much as they scatter. I can feel their fear, taste it, but I don't care, I really don't.

Beating their ass, some are dead while others are knocked out, ready to tell the tale when they wake up. Making a water mud and coke pile across the way, I smile at my handy work.

"Let's check the place one last time."

Looking around I notice the wall I walked past looking different than the others. Pealing the old wallpaper, I see a door, opening it, guns are aimed at me as cash is stacked around the room.

I hold up my hands, scanning the room until a familiar face stands out.

Dad?

Fuck.

Shit.

DAMN!

There words wash away, but my senses are still up and alive. The small fight starts but I try to avoid the man as much as I can.

Shifting his gun to miss me or aiming it at another before it can hit me. Tossing the gun out of his hand, and pushing him aside, a large guy jumps on me.

Fuck, I can't protect him like this.

I need to finish this quickly. Tossing him through the wall, it crumbles on him, hearing a gun shot, I move out the way, only for it to hit him.

Only for it to hit Dad, "NO!"

Looking at the man, I snap his neck making him fall to the ground.

Rushing over to the falling man I catch him, "No, no, no, no!"

Taking off my mask, tears fill my eyes, "What the hell are you doing here!"

I know why he's here.

But why did it have to be tonight.

Why did it have to be now.

What kind of sick shit.

"Tonya?"

Relief edges on his face, "No, no, we can get you to a doctor, we can fix this! Not again."

Checking where the bullet wound is my tears fall harder as his blood stains my legs, as I know it's far too late.

Smiling at me, he holds my hand.

That smile, the smile I've been looking for since Mom died, the smile I've missed.

"I'm sorry I kept this from you. Things were getting hard, after your Mom died, I had to find a better way to support you, so you can leave this place."

He coughs a bit, making me whimper, "Please, maybe we can do something, I can-"

Before I can say anything else he continues, "It's ok."

The life is slipping from his eyes but he continues, "So beautiful, and good, my daughter is Spiderwoman, she's a hero. You're just like her, she would be so proud."

His words fade, as his body goes limp, "NO!"

Holding him close, I shake him a bit, trying to wake him up, trying to keep him alive. But he's already gone.

He's dead.

Something snapped, something changed.

As all the sadness stopped leaving me numb, leaving me empty.

He's gone.

Still, I pick him up. Walking out of the building, I slip in the shadows, swinging thought the darkness, and to the cemetery.

I can't leave him there.

I can't bring him home.

I can't have a ceremony.

I can't, I do so much, yet I still can't do nothing at all.

Walking down the rows of graves I stop upon one in particular.

A gave I haven't seen or visited since the funeral, since she passed.

Placing his body down gently, I took around, picking up a shovel, I start to dig, and dig and dig.

Seeing her grave, I place him in, not having the courage to open it, not having the courage to see her like that.

Covering the hole I stare at, the grave now full with the rest of my family.

I'm alone.

I'm the only one left.