WHEN YOU'RE LOST IN THE DARKNESS

FOLLOWING RULES WAS SOMETHING NATASHA ROMANOFF DIDN'T DO

FOLLOWING RULES WAS SOMETHING NATASHA ROMANOFF DIDN'T DO. In every situation, no one can merely win by following the rules. Tom agreed with her in this sentiment, comparing it to a chess game.

Sometimes, you have to play dirty to win. Everyone, in one way or another, knew this to be true. No one won a war by playing fair, and Natasha considered it the same in this situation.

Most people would call what Natasha was doing stalking — she'd disagree. If anything, she was merely keeping a watch out for anyone who could have malicious intent.

i.e.: Draco Malfoy.

Since returning to Hogwarts, Natasha continued to watch as the blond deteriorate, both physically and mentally. He was getting sloppy, which he seemed to know but didn't seem to care anymore.

This was odd because anyone with any malicious or harmful intentions would want others to assume otherwise—that everything was normal. This concerned Natasha, because it meant that whatever was happening, it was being forced.

In some weird way, she could relate to Draco. While yes, she would never actually want to admit those words out loud, (she honestly wanted to throw up) she could admit that both of them had been forced to do things they didn't want to do.

She had taken to following the boy around like a shadow, staying out of sight from both him, as well as Snape. Now that she knew that Snape was Draco's godfather as well, she was 99.9% certain it had something to do with Voldemort and the death eaters.

However, she found something odd with what Draco was doing. Every day, when Draco disappeared, he brought an apple with him. Which, if she was being completely honest, that's not a weird thing to do. However, the apple was never eaten.

That raised alarms for Natasha.

Many would think that's a silly thing to worry about, but Natasha knew better. Draco Malfoy loved apples, and would always have one on him — usually eating it. So, with the blond Slytherin disappearing for hours, you'd think he'd bring the apple to snack on.

Sure, he could've called for some house elves to bring him something different, but Natasha highly doubted that. So, from 4 pm to 7 pm, Natasha stood outside the room of requirement, where Draco was.

Both Tom and her took turns watching the room, and both noted similar occurrences. As the bell rang, signaling lunch, Natasha sent a look toward Tom, who nodded back.

"Malfoy!" Tom called, in his fake accent, waving over the boy, "Come, I want to talk to you!"

It took a few moments but the blonde finally agreed, walking away with Tom. Natasha smirked, pleased with the plan.

She made her way up to the room of requirement, pacing in front of it as she thought of what she wanted.

Show me the room Draco Malfoy has been going to.