Chapter 3

"Y'all are double trouble already. What happened?"

Fatima told him the story.

"Just ignore her" Denzel said

"She can't be ignored babe. She needs her ass tore up." Pauletta said

"I agree. She has one more time to play with me. Zac has been the only one that can get me calm enough to not fight her."

*The Taylor household*

Zac walked through the door.

"Son, we need to talk to you." Samuel said

"I already know that you guys are getting a divorce. What else?"

"Who told you that?" Gladys asked, "we aren't getting a divorce."

"Is that why you've been cooped in your room? Why do you think that?" Samuel said

"Because I heard y'all arguing. I recall hearing the words "I should divorce your ass. I'm going to get them papers tomorrow". That's what I heard, and I've never heard you two speak like that." He said

"We were both heated in that moment Zac. We're not divorcing each other. Never." Samuel said

"Okay. I guess. Glad that you guys aren't getting a divorce."

"We love you"

The both hugged him. "I love you guys too. Mom, I need to talk to you about something."

They went upstairs. "What's going on?"

"Fatima" he said

"What's wrong with her?"

"Nothing. I want her to come over. Can you ask her dad can she come over?"

"Yes, I'll ask."

"Thank you, and can I go to see the Christmas lights next week?"

"Zac, you don't really like going out around Christmas time. What's going on and who's going with you?"

"I changed" he said nervously. "Fatima's going with me. We planned it along with our matching pajamas this year."

"Fine with me. Why were you nervous to ask your dad? He would've said yes to."

"He asks a lot of questions sometimes. I just didn't feel like over-explaining. Last time I asked him something, he tried to have a sex talk with me when I mentioned Fatima. We're bestfriends. We're not having sex."

"In his defense, you guys are really close so I can see why he was trying to talk to you. He wants you to know. You'll be 17 soon, and that's normally when teenagers start to experiment. Some start before that. Whether you start dating or not, he wants you to be ready."

"I get that. I guess we can have a boy talk then tomorrow."

"Okay, I'll let him know. I'll be back. I'll call Fatima's dad."

"Okay. Thanks mom."

*the Wilson Residence*

Fatima was laying in her bed, face down with her face buried inside of the pillow.

Denzel knocked on her room door.

"Come in" she muffled

"You want to go somewhere?" Denzel asked

"No. Not today"

"Mmm okay. Guess you don't want to go over to Zac's house."

Fatima lifted her head up, "I want to go."