Chapter 15

The next morning, everybody was getting dressed and ready for the vow renewal.

Gladys called Fatima over in the middle of her getting dressed. She just loves having Fatima there.

Fatima came over, and she helped her.

"I missed you. I haven't seen you in days." Gladys said

"I know. I be scared to call you."

"Don't be. I'm always available for you."

"Thank you. I appreciate you."

"I appreciate you. You've been keeping my son happy for the last 10 years."

"He's been keeping me happy too. I love him. He knows that. Even when we argue, we're still best friends. Nothing will change."

"I love that. You're his favorite girl. I can see you both getting married, and having some beautiful babies."

"Absolutely, I plan on doing everything with him."

Gladys' makeup artist came to her hotel. She was doing her makeup. Zac had Samuel's Tux, but he also wanted to see his mom.

He dropped off Samuel's tux. They were in the same hotel, so it wasn't far. He dropped it off and knocked on the hotel door.

The makeup artist answered the door. She was familiar around the family.

"Hey Zac."

"Hey. I came to bother my mother."

"I know" she laughed

He walked in. "Hey mama"

Gladys laughed. "Hey. I knew you weren't going hours without seeing me."

"I couldn't do it if I tried. Feels like you're getting married all over again."

"It does. It doesn't even feel like we've been married for 10 years. It feels like 3."

"I'm actually starting to like married people" he laughed

"You didn't like us at first?"

"No. I hated the idea of marriage. Now, I love it. I'm putting a ring on it."

Gladys smiled. "I love that. She already got two rings. Go ahead and make it 3 son."

"I will. I have to call her. I forgot to call her back last night. She was supposed to bring you your necklace too."

"She already did. She's here. She's steaming something for me."

Somebody knocked on the hotel door. Zac opened it.

"You can't see her before the renewal." Zac said

"Whoever made those rules can kiss my ass. I'm seeing my wife." Samuel walked in.

"He's about to mess your makeup all the way up. I might as well stop now." The makeup artist said

"You know me so well" he laughed. He went to go and kiss Gladys

Fatima came out of the room. She finished steaming Gladys' Gown for the after party.

"Y'all are freaks. I thought that y'all weren't supposed to see each other til after." Fatima said

"That's what they be saying. On the initial wedding, you shouldn't see your bride. This has been my husband for 10 years. I'm going to see my man." Gladys said