Chapter 4

Fatima had her head leaned up on Zac while she was typing. "You're going to have a crook in your neck."

She laughed, "I'm not. It's comfortable."

The bell rang. They walked out hand and hand.

Second period- Ms. Turners class( Honors Geometry)

Ms. Turner changed everybody's seat in her class, which led to Zac and Fatima being on two completely different sides of the room. Zac was seated right by Karen and her crew, while Fatima was sitting by Paul.

Fatima hurried up and got her work done, so that she can be on her phone. Paul was new, so Ms. Turner asked Fatima to help him. Fatima gave Ms. Turner a look and she asked Julius to help him instead.

Ms. Turner had them solve problems on the board dealing with solving for the value of the shapes. Fatima, Zac, Lori, & Darnell ended up at the board at the same time.

Fatima whispered, "save me. That nigga is annoying."

"Who" Lori asked

"Light bright." Zac said causing Darnell to laugh hard.

Ms. Turner looked at them. "That's why I separated y'all."

Darnell turned around. He whispered, "and that's why yo wig got a hump in the front bitch."

They all solved their problems on the whiteboard and took a seat. Everybody else went up 4 at a time.

By the time class was ending, they had a "practice lockdown."

*outside*

Denzel pulled up on Pauletta since he knew that it was her break period.

"You're supposed to be enjoying your day off." She said

"I am, but I wanted to see you."

"Aww you love little ole me."

"I do. You know that. How has your day been?"

"It's been alright. Wish they'd control some of these kids, but besides that, it's been fine. Yours?"

"It's boring. I can't bother you, or Fatima. Hell, I miss bothering Zac."

Pauletta laughed, "I think Zac and Fatima have been bothered enough for the day. As for me, you can bother me when you get home."

"What do you mean that they've been bothered? Who's bothering my kids?"

"A new kid came in the class today. He was annoying Zac because the boy was annoying Fatima basically. Zac said that his ass needs to worry about reading a damn book and not asking Fatima questions that aren't related to the damn class. He was flirting with her. Zac was tired of his ass"

"Zac really hates when people flirt with her. He's looking out because I would've slapped the little boy." Denzel laughed

"You are so crazy."

"Come on. Get in the car. We're going to lunch."

Denzel got a text message to his phone from Fatima.

"Don't be out there kissing my mama. I got both of my eyes on you."

Denzel laughed. "Fatima crazy as hell."

"What she say?"

"Don't kiss you and she got both eyes on me." He shook his head

Pauletta laughed. Denzel grabbed her face and kissed her. "That's what she get."