Chapter Four : Write for me

After Matt left, Ren went inside the forest.

With a hologram map. There are color coded indicators in the map and the map of the forest is filled with them.

"I need urgent money. There is no more rice or flour in the house. There's barely even oil and salt. I will assume there's never sugar there too. And the state of the people in the house. You can even mistake them for beggars in the street."

Only his clothes and Matt's are a bit different. The worst are the clothes of the old woman and his brother. He is a huge man with a big build and his clothes are filled with tears and the only thing keeping it together are some ugly stitches.

"I can hunt meat but it's for the family to eat. If I want hunting to solve my urgent need I need to hunt big and dangerous prey but I am not really a hunter and I don't have that much of a confidence in this body's strength. Food aside, I can just sell herbs right? Medicine is way back in this world. If I can find herbs then I can sell it for a good price. He clicks the map looking for some expensive herbs or ginseng. The map didn't betray him but it took him in an unexplored cave to reach five century old ginsengs.

He needs to be very and extra careful digging these ginseng to not harm their roots and it takes him 5 hours because he is afraid of harming these multi millionaire items.

He heaved a sigh as he carefully wrapped them in big leaves. He plans to catch meat but changes his mind. Forget about it. There's nothing more important than these ginseng right now.

He is trembling as he walks down the mountain.

It's already dark when he came back.

Matt for the first time is waiting for Ren to return. The fried scrambled egg is now cold and it looks sad.

"You are back!"

Orean looks at Matt's worried expression.

"What?"

Matt shakes his head.

"It's nothing."

"Look. I don't like playing the emotional game with anyone. If you say it's nothing then make sure it is nothing. Don't make me guess."

Orean said. He sighs seeing the hurt expression in Matt's face.

"I told you I'm single in my previous life. I don't know how to soothe or comfort others. So instead of keeping it to yourself, I'll appreciate it if you tell me what's the problem directly."

"That..." Matt frowns. It was tasteless to always complain and whine but he also understood that Orean don't know him and he came from a different world making their communication strange if they can't understand each other.

"I....I cooked all the eggs."

"So?"

Matt looks down.

"We really didn't need to eat that much and I am mad so I cooked them all.Mother is mad."

"Because of eggs?" Orean just picked the eggs casually because it's near his location.

From someone who eats two eggs for breakfast, the fact that someone will get mad for eggs makes him question life.

Then again they are so poor. Being angry and wasting food is unacceptable.

"Did you finish eating them?"

"I saved you some eggs."

Matt presented the bowl of egg.

The eggs look cold and sad.

"I don't like to eat cold food."

"I'll stir fry some vegetables!"