Chap 12:

With money, things will be done a lot easier.

He earned 3 thousand golds equivalent to 300,000 silvers.

It wasn't much for rich people but in the whole Province, there are only a few who have this amount.

Looking at the pile of silvers, Matt was emotional. They are in the couple's room. Since the exchange of souls, Matt hasn't come here to sleep.

"We earned 3000 Golds. I'll give you a thousand gold, 100,000 silvers. Do what you want to do. I won't meddle with your business but if you need help don't hesitate to tell me. I am not good with business or cooking but I at least have a healthy body and I look good so I can be a mascot if you need one."

Matt feels his eyes are sour. He chuckles. Though he doesn't know what a mascot is, he feels warm inside.

Matt looks at Orean.

"You are so nice."

Orean rubs his head.

"I am not nice. You are just abused so much that your perception of kindness is altered. This is a minimal thing a husband should do and give you."

Matt smiles.

"Do you say, you'll treat me as a husband?"

Orean lips twitch.

"We just met anyways, let's not rush things. You too, don't settle for anyone just because it's easier that way. Find happiness. Someday the children will leave and have their own family. Would you be happy to stay with someone you don't like?"

Matt nods but he thinks Orean is not as confident as he thought him to be.

Orean is so good to him. They just met but he treats him kindly. He helps them and he doesn't wish for any payment or benefit in return. He is very capable that if he decides to leave, he will still have a good life.

"Can I hug you?" Matt asks shyly.

Orean hugs him lightly and then they both separate. After a while, Orean left Matt in the room to talk to his mother.

Orean stares at the pile of silver ingots.

A hundred thousand silvers. A small family like them can't spend this much money their whole life if they just live frugally. But there are hidden dangers in this world, like illness or diseases.

Orean become serious. This money will not come by so easily again. He needs to succeed.

He uses the remaining paper Orean bought to make some plans.

Orean called his mother and brother in the family hall. It was called that but it was just an empty room with a table and you can sit on the floor and look at their backyard.

"Son, what is wrong?" Thany asks.

"Mom, Didn't I tell you I sell something in the town?"

Thany nods her head.

She is worried something happened and that buyer is now exploiting his son.

"Is there a problem? Are they asking you to be reimbursed?"

Orean shakes his head.

He looks at his mother and to the quiet Dylan.

"Our life will change from now on but it's just the start." He puts a heavy brown bag on the table.

Thany and Dylan looked at it but didn't try to touch it.

Orean thinks, in a way, these two are very alike.

Orean untangles the bag's tie and the silver ingots pour out.

"Ah?" The first reaction in Thany's face is fear. So many silvers, she never saw so much in her whole life. But instead of happiness she became weary.

"Where did you get this? Did you sell something so expensive?"

"It's a thousand year old ginseng mother. If I sell it somewhere else I get more money but I'm scared to travel far just to get robbed and die so I sell it to the kind magistrate. I didn't counter the offer and we settled for a thousand gold."

"That's a lot! Is ginseng that powerful?"

As far as Orean know, there is no real basis in the claim of ginseng being a powerful medicine. But he doesn't need to say that.

"It was hard to come by ginseng,mother. Many rich people will go crazy and buy it at an expensive price. I left one more ginseng for the family to eat."

"A thousand gold worth of ginseng? What to eat? Just sell it!" She is so distressed she shakes her head and waves her hand.

Dylan, who is quiet on the side gapes. A thousand gold, eat it? That's too much!

Orean laughs.

"It's fine to eat it. What is not allowed? Are we not worth a thousand gold? Mom, you may not see it now but everyone in our family will fly off someday. Even Dylan."

Orean looks at Dylan and Thany also look at him.

Dylan is blinking and confused.

Thany smacks his shoulder.

"Why are you gaping like a fool?"

Dylan frowns and rubs his shoulder.

Orean chuckles.

"I know you siblings have a good relationship but Dylan is just a fool with a large body. Don't put your egg on him and he will just break your heart in the end. You can buy a lot of land and he will help you cultivate it. I can work too so I will help as much as I can."

She said softly.

Dylan lowered his head. He knows himself well, he really can't understand where his brother's confidence in him came from.

Orean shakes his head.

"Ofcourse I'll buy land. But why do we have to work on it? We can just pay people to work for us."

"Is that alright?" Thany was worried people will think they look down on them if they do that.

"Dylan, do you understand me?"

"Yes! I will work hard,brother."

Orean smiles.

"Dylan, do you really understand me?"

Dylan paused and rethink.

"I will study hard,brother!"

Orean nods satisfied.

"Good. I want you to learn and be literate. You see, in our family, only you will be able to accomplish that."

Dylan's eyes shine.

But then he frowns.

"Then brother, you should study too."

"That is right, you can go. And you can even become an official!" Thany's blind faith to his eldest son amazes Orean.

Orean shakes his head.

"I don't want to study. It wasn't for me. You see, I'm really a lazy person. This kind of thing is very boring for me."

He shakes his head. He already studied from childhood to college in his previous life. And aren't those years of wasted life?

Ofcourse some part of that learning process are really important but he admits most of it are just to tell you common sense.

Anyways, he already learned it. Though he can't write or read in this world, he will surround himself with people who can so he doesn't have to bother needing to learn it himself.

Orean smiles and looks at Dylan.

"Aside from studying, I want you to learn martial arts too. I'm not giving up the idea of having a General as a brother!"

Dylan flinched. His brother is so ambitious!

A/N:

It's cold here but I'm not happy with the rain. Hahhahha