Chap 11: Secrets

"I can afford it, Mom. Don't worry." Then he looks at Matt again.

"Even your son has something he wants. What about you? Only a dead man has no ambition. So tell me what you want."

"I want..." Matt looks at the delicious food and then his son and daughter.

"I want a restaurant! I want to work and earn money for the children's future."

Orean frowns.

"I ask you what you want, not what business you want to make."

Matt chuckles. He is actually shaking. He is worried that if he speaks louder they will realize how much he craves to have his own restaurant. He knows he can do it. He can cook and he knows a few pass down sauce recipes. He will be able to do it if he tries.

"I really don't want anything. I just want a happier future."

Orean smiles.

In a way, Matt wish is greedier than the others.

"So what do you want?" Orean asks Dylan.

Dylan shakes his head.

He is eating meat now and he still can eat delicious sweets later. What can he ask for?

"I'm fine,brother."

"What? You want a house and a wife?"

"Brother!"

Orean laughs.

"I'm teasing you. What do you mean you don't want anything? A few more tears and you are officially wearing a beggar's clothes. When I ask you what you want, be greedier. I will allow it."

Dylan smiles happier.

"Okay. I'll remember."

Orean looks at the two little ones.

"Your brother wishes to study. What about your salted fish?"

"I'm not a salted fish!" Vana pouts.

Orean chuckles.

"Just say it."

"....I want a beautiful dress and shoes. Like the one in the store with thick rabbit fur!"

Orean smiles.

"That's how you ask for something. You all are not a match to a small child." He then looks at Vana who has a smile in her face after being praise

Aside from Tris, they are all smiling.

Orean wakes up early the next day.

Tris is waiting for him.

"I want to follow you."

Tris said.

"....okay." Orean and Tris sit down in the mule carriage together with other passengers. They all chat with Orean. After buying meat from him, people's impression of him became better.

Then the two walked to the biggest Inn.

They entered a room and waited.

Tris is wondering what will happen.

"So what do you want to tell me?" Orean asks, smiling at Tris.

"....I just want to go with you,father."

"Have you noticed something?"

"You aren't father!" Tris said, standing straight.

"My father sold me!"