Chap 13 : Gift

Orean went out the whole day.

Matt is also busy but there is liveliness in his actions.

Tris learns how to write his name from his father and he keeps practicing.

Thany can't come down so she went out dragging Dylan to his maternal family in the next village.

Orean gives her 50 thousand silvers. The rest was going to be used for buying land and making a new house and Thany didn't dare take it.

"What is wrong?" Matt asks, seeing his daughter sulking.

"Daddy, I....Are you busy?" She said hesitating.

"I'm done cleaning. I won't be cooking till later so Dad has time. What is wrong?"

"That...Is my brother going to study?"

"Yes." Matt smiles. "You are still young so your father said you can learn if you want but don't force you. When you are older, you should learn how to write, read, count and compute."

Vana pouts.

Matt felt helpless.

"Do you not want to learn?"

Vana shakes her head.

"I want. But.."

"But?"

Vana sighs.

"Is father....really good to us now?"

She whispers.

Matt pursed his lips and hugged his daughter.

Because of his bad decision, his children grow up with that kind of a father.

"Your father has changed now. He is capable and he doesn't ignore us."

Vana nods.

She feels that her father smiles a few times at her and he even asks what she wants.

But she is afraid that he will go back to before and he will ignore her again and do bad things to her brother and daddy.

Matt kisses her cheek.

"Don't worry so much. Daddy will not let that kind of father return to us."

He said seriously. If the real Ren returns then he will run away with his children.

But he hopes that will never happen.

Just imagining it scares him.

"Dad...actually Father gives us a gift."

Matt blinks.

"A gift?"

Vana nods. She asks Matt to put him down and she runs to her and brother's bedroom.

She took the dusted two boxes and gave Matt the box for him.

Matt tilts his head and takes it. He opened the box and just stared at the beautiful ribbon.

He asked for a ribbon before but he thought Orean forgot and so many things happened in just a span of days and he doesn't really think much about it. But he actually bought it.

"Dad, I'm sorry I didn't tell you earlier."

Vana said sorry.

"It's fine. Let me see the ribbon your father bought for you."

Vana smiles.

"Okay!"

She opened it and showed it to her dad.