Chapter Five:

"So, how's your daughter?"

"Our daughter."

Orean looks at Matt's serious face.

"I'm sorry. Our daughter."

Matt feels relieved.

Ren never likes Tris but he mostly does not care about Vana. The moment he knew Vana's gender, he left the house and never returned. He cried so much in anger.

"The doctor came and said she'll be fine but she needs to eat and exercise more. Her body is so weak right now."

Matt said sadly.

"Our life will be better in the future so don't worry. Even if you have a few more children it won't be a problem to feed them."

Matt gapes at him.

Orean who was teasing him also lost his smile and covered his face with shame.

If Matt will have a few more children, won't he suggest they'll do it? Is he insane? They just met today. He is honestly not insinuating anything! He is an innocent virgin!

They are both feeling awkward when they hear heavy footsteps.

"Brother!" Dylan wants to drink water and wakes up in a daze.

When he woke up he saw an unusual scene with his brother and brother-in-law together.

"What?" Orean asks

"N-nothing."

Dylan wants to turn around and leave forgetting why he came here.

"Wait." Orean stops him.

Dylan worriedly turns around.

"Is there something wrong brother?"

"It's good that you are here. Tomorrow I plan to get the meat I left in the mountain. Come with me so we can catch it and carry it alive."

"Is it still alive? Why did you leave it there? What if someone takes it? I'll go and retrieve it!"

Orean snorts. This guy is really strong but he acts so timid and scared in front of his smaller build older brother. What's the use of a strong body?

"Just take it early in the morning."

"Oh. Okay. I'll go with you."

Dylan said seriously.

"Did you come here to drink water?" Matt asks.

"Oh...yeah.." Dylan scratches his head.

"Then drink, why are you in a daze?" Orean said angrily but his voice is not raised higher to not disturbed the sleeping people.

"Oh!" Dylan panics and steps forward to get water.

"Don't act so scared. You can even knock me out with one swing of your fist!" He said angrily again, startling Dylan.

"No. Why...What?" Dylan was so confused.

He has never been a violent person. How can his brother say this to him? If their mother hears him won't he get punished?

Orean smiles at him looking at his confused expression.

"Go back and sleep. From tomorrow onwards I'll make you eat your fill everyday and you can stop tending to the farm. Look at your body, you can go and study under a master and become a martial artist. Being a general is not a pipe dream."

"Brother..." Dylan thinks his brother is drunk again. What is he even saying? Study? Him? General?

Orean looks at him angrily. Seeing his brother angry scares him so much. It's not because he ever hit him but it's because even when their father is alive, Ren was the favored child and if he becomes displeased, he will cry and tell their parents that Dylan hurts him and he will be beaten and starved.