Chap 14 :

Orean shakes his head.

"Chief, I know you want to help me but if I don't at least this much what can I say to your wife? A good 3 days before you can finally go back to your usual day. And we might even stay in the town to chat and drink with the officials. Please let me give this much or I'll really feel like I'm a burden."

The old man sighs.

"But 10 silvers is too much."

"Village Chief, I'm rich."

The old man gasps and looks at Orean's playful smile. He can't help but laugh angrily. This is the face of someone showing off. He felt less offended to take away his money now.

"Don't waste money."

"I have lots of money "

"You! Don't let others hear you talk like this or they'll despise you!"

Orean smile.

"Chief, you are not other people. I am 100% sure you are a good person."

The Village chief looks emotionally sad. He shakes his head.

"If I'm really a good person I would care more about your family. And how badly you were treating them before."

'Ops' Orean steps on a land mine he casted.

"Forget about the past Chief, anyway, I can't trust anyone but you. Please help me." He said, bowing his head.

The Village Chief agreed. Before they left, Orean went home to tell Matt.

Matt nods.

"Okay. Take care."

Orean looks at Matt's hair that is tied up and his rosy cheeks.

"Did you apply make-up?"

Matt blushes. He thought he put so little that it wouldn't be noticed. His eyes are everywhere but Orean.

"I..I think they are going bad so I just tried. Is it bad?"

Orean smile.

"You look pretty."

Matt pouts.

"Okay. I mean thanks."

"You look much younger when you tie your hair. The little brat finally gave it to you?"

"Hm..Why didn't you tell me?" Matt asks.

"I wanted to see how long the brat would be able to not give it. And you already forgot since you didn't ask so I just let it go."

"Hmm.I thought you forgot." Matt looks down smiling.

Orean and Matt just stand there face to face awkwardly but nobody wants to move away.

Soon it will be late so Orean needs to go.

"I'll go now."

Matt nods.

"I may not return tonight so tell Dylan to be more alert."

"Say bye to the children."

"Hmm. Okay." He went to see Vana first.

"Hey, Father will go to town. What do you want me to bring you?"

Vana turns around and sees his father and behind him is her daddy.

She pouted.

"You haven't given me my winter clothes amd shoes yet!"

"Vana." Matt frowns.

Vana looks sad.

"And the slingshots and the top..." she said softly looking down after being reprimanded.

Orean chuckles.

"Well, little princess, your winter clothes and shoes need to be sewn. Father hasn't forgotten about it. Not only you. Everyone in the family needs new clothes and Father already ordered it but it'll take a few more days to finish."

"Really?" Vana's eyes shine but her face looks like she won't be deceived so easily.

"It's true."

"Then what about the slingshots and the tops?"

"Father is busy these days so I may not be able to do it sooner. But after I'm done, I'll make it."

"Um." Vana said feeling appeased.

"How about you give father a kiss before I go out?"

Orean teases as he pokes the girl's cheek.

Vana pouts but looks at Orean who crouches down to face her.

She tiptoed, hugged his neck and kissed his cheek then she retracted back and jumped to her bed and covered her face.

"Haha." Orean chuckles.

Matt is watching all this and feels a wave of emotion again. He rubs his eyes to remove the forming moist so Orean won't notice.

Orean sat on the bed and pats the child's butt under the cover.

"Okay, see you later."

He stood up and went to Tris.

"I'll be going out now. Do you want me to buy you something?" Orean asks..

Tris looks cautiously.

This is not his real father so he can't just ask wantonly.

"Umm..If you can, I want more books for beginners."

"Don't just study. Do you want any toys?"

"Not a toy and it's a bit expensive but....if you can buy me an inexpensive flute."

Tris blushes. That person's life was hectic and he always came home tired. He once told him that he likes listening to music. He is uneducated and he can't even sing so he was never able to serve him good music. This time around he wanted to learn for him.

"Oh. Okay. But you have to kiss your father's cheek first."

"......?" Tris looks at him weirdly.

Orean stretches his neck to make him face his cheek. Orean taps his cheek.

"Come on, kiss father here."

".....this is ridiculous." He murmured dissatisfied.

Matt is watching them with a grin.

Orean didn't tell Matt about Tris knowing he is not his father.

And He didn't tell Tris that Matt knows.

They just keep the secret without being asked and Orean doesn't want to make the first move in telling this father and son. He wanted them to talk about it among themselves on their own.

Tris was forced to kiss Orean. Then he lowered his head and practiced calligraphy without looking at him. The way he splashes the ink on the paper is indicating his bad mood.

Orean chuckles and leaves him be.

Matt followed him to the door and before Orean steps up they look at each other and just waste a couple minutes staring.

Matt pursed his lips then timidly closed the distance. He tiptoed and kissed Orean in his cheek. Both their faca have a hue of blush.

"Okay. I'm going." Orean says absent mindedly but just stares at Matt.

"Hmm. Yeah. Take care." Matt smiles shyly.

Both of them have their heart thumping loudly.

Soon Orean broke the trance and left without looking back. Because looking back may not allow him to stay a few more minutes. The village chief is waiting for him.

A/N:

I can't think of chapter titles!! Hahhahaha