Chapter 8: No more

"Dad, F...Father called you."

Matt stops pretending he is busy. It's been a while since he was in front of so many people so he became scared. He hadn't heard a lot of people so he went out. Seeing him go out, Thany also went out.

"You called me?" Matt looks around to make sure there are not many people left.

He sigh in relief that there are only the dumbfounded Dylan and Ren.

"I'm busy counting the coins. You go and tell Dylan what cut you want to do with the pig."

"Such a big pig! What do you want me to do with it?" He becomes energetic.

"It's for our consumption. Whatever you cook. You decide."

Dylan once again heard the pig is for them and smiled foolishly. He is not hearing things!

"Is it for us?" Matt's hearts are trembling. Such a fat boar! There are so many dishes in his mind!

"Then alright! I'll make bacon and sausages!"

"Good. The other internal organs of the other two pigs are there too." Then he looks at his mother who is staring at the pile of coins on the metal basin and to the huge pig.

"Mom, help Matt."

"O..okay. okay good."

"I'll help too!" Tris said seriously.

"You better help." Orean rolls his eyes. What can a six years.old do? Let him help if he wants.

The four are like happy children deciding the fate of that pig. Even he feel sorry for the pig.

1000 coins is one silver.

The pig weighs almost 300kl but he didn't give away the big bones so it is only 200kl per pig and 2 huge pigs are worth almost 8 Silvers.

"Matt." He called.

"Yes?" Matt smiles still in his lips despite his forehead full of sweat.

"....Come here for a second."

Matt reluctantly left the pile of meat and followed Orean inside.

"What is it?"

"You lost our bet."

He teases.

"What?" Matt was confused and suddenly his face reddened.

"Ye..yes, husband."

Orean laughs.

"Okay. I'm just teasing you. I earned 8 silvers. Keep five silvers. When the trafficker returns, pay him 1 silver. The rest is for you to keep. I'll go with Dylan to town to buy supplies. Do you want anything?"

Dylan shakes his head.

"I'm fine. Don't forget the paper. I still have my brush and I can grind some ink so no need to buy it."

"Say what you want. Don't just say nothing."

Matt pursed his lips.

"Then...Buy me a ribbon. One for me and one for Vana. She is already four years old but Ren never give her anything."

"Okay."

He walks outside and sees his mother happily holding a slab of meat.

"Mom, Dylan and I will go to town first. There is nothing at home. We need to buy rice and flour. Do you want anything?"