Chapter 9: A Bad Girl

"What? You want to follow her?" Orean teases Dylan.

Dylan shakes his head.

"I'm just confused."

"What is so confusing? In the end she is just my mistress. I have my own husband at home."

Orean thinks that Ren is really ridiculous. He has such a good looking husband who is faithful to him despite his sorry ass yet he goes ahead and finds someone who is also seeing multiple people behind his back knowingly.

He can't understand and he will never be able to understand that person.

They borrowed the mule cart. Dylan was able to learn how to drive it with just a few words from the owner. Dylan always wanted to ride a mule so he secretly watched how they rode.

"The secret of your greatness is really poverty." Orean chuckles.

Dylan scratches his head and smiles weakly.

He feels a bit closer to his older brother today.

And his respect for him reaches so high in the skies today.

There are alot to buy but more important are rice and flour. Flour can be used for making bread and noodles. It's an important staple food.

White rice is 20 coins per kilo which is as expensive as meat.

Brown rice and red rice are much cheaper.

"Boss, give me 20 kilos of white rice, 5 kilos of red rice and brown rice and give me 10 kilos of glutinous rice."

Dylan looks scared at his brother while the shop manager talking to his staff finally looks at them astonishly.

"Do you have a restaurant?" He was puzzled.

"Yeah. Our chef is the best." Orean jokes.

"Then you also need some noodles!"

"You bet. I'll buy some varieties of wheat flours, boss,you have to give us your best."

The shop manager laughs.

He bought a few types of flours.

"Boss wrapped me some spices too."

"Just pick what you want. I'll give you a discount."

"No need for a discount boss but if you give a few more per weight then I'll be happier."

Dylan is already frozen. When they left the shop, the cart didn't look so empty anymore.

But for what cost? 1800 coins! How many kilos of meat is that?

"Why are you so quiet?" Orean asks.

Dylan ignores him. How can his brother do this? His heart can't accept this much spending. They have to return home.

"Wait. I'll buy paper."

"What's the use of paper?" Dylan said, frowning.

Orean almost laugh in frustration.

"Just do what I told you. Are you in distress over some few coins?"

"It's not just some coins!"

"Then do you think we should go and starve?"

"We can...eat a little...."

"You are the unreasonable one. You and my children are still young. You need more food since you work so hard. Just listen to me. I'll give you more money later."