Chapter 8 - The Aftermath

Soon after the chaos, Tsukasa was taken back to the Knights of White guild, and was declared dead later on. Mizuki, Shiho, Toya and Saki were waiting outside the patient's room, then Akito joined in after he got his cuts bandaged up. After the doctor came out of the room to announce the heartbreaking news, Saki rushed into the patient's room.

When the doctor tried to stop Saki, Toya stepped in, 'I'll take care of it,' doctor stepped aside, allowing Toya to enter the patient's room. Saki looked over at the dead body of her brother: His skin was pale and cold to the touch, his rosey cheeks are permanently gone, his smile that shines bright like the evening star? Well, that's never coming back for sure.

Saki's eyes began to water again, and wept over her dead brother. Meanwhile Toya was behind Saki, trying to comfort her by rubbing her back. The other three White Knights were watching from afar, having their most respected senior die in front of their eyes was painful enough, but seeing his little sister's heart grieving like that is even more painful to them.

During the funeral, Saki was sobbing through out the whole hour, Toya and the other three White Knights were worried for her. When it was time to give out speeches, both guilds gave a speech where they will end the rivalry and go back to how it was before, Mizuki also gave a speech they will be taking over the position as the leader of the Knights of White's knight department after Tsukasa.

A/N: If Akito was told to give a speech, he would say something like, 'He was an asshole, but I still love him.'

Over the past week after the funeral has ended, Saki was still grieving over her brother's death, so Toya has been taking care of her more often than usual, he brought her homecooked meals to her room and gave her back rubs.

One day, Toya received a mysterious letter, 'My lord, someone sent you a letter,' said the mailman, the letter even came with a red rose. Toya was shocked and flustered when he received it, he opened it soon after the mailman left.

In the letter, it was written:

Dear Toya,

I would like to see you tonight at 7pm, see me behind the building of the Imperial Soldiers guild, and bring the rose the letter came with too.

Love,

A White Knight

(Toya's mind: Huh? They didn't give me their name but they're  a member of the Knights of White? Interesting. And I might need to ask someone to take care of Saki-san tonight, since I won't be here and she still hasn't emotionally recovered yet.)

Later that night, Toya went to the back of the Imperial Soldiers guild to find who this mysterious person is. And to Toya's suprise, that mysterious person was Akito, 'A-Akito?!' 'Ah, Toya, I've been waiting for you,' Akito took a deep breath before he continued talking, 'So, I know it's only been around one week, but would you like to go out sometime?', Toya was not expecting that Akito told him to meet up at the back of the Imperial Soldiers guild, just to tell Toya he wants to go on a date with him. But still, Toya answered Akito back, 'Sure, we can go out sometime.'

And therefore, Akito and Toya has started their dating life.

~The End~

🎉 You've finished reading 'My dear sister...' - Tenma siblings angst [Fantasy AU] (revamped version) 🎉