Part 10 - Confession

{i'm already apologizing for how short i made this book. If you enjoyed reading this tryout of a book, feel free to support my next stories! I have many ideas for a new story where atsushi and akutagawa are facing new challenges of love and life. }

"I like you"

Akutagawa's POV :

My brains stopped working. I was absolutely speechless. I knew there was a connection between us, but I couldn't have guessed that he felt it too.

"No... i love you..." he continued. "I've loved you ever since we met. At first i thought you were a heartless murderer whose only goal was to get rid of me, back then i was scared as hell. Scared of what's gonna happen if i get closer to you, if i want to find more about this feeling that's growing in my chest. Everytime I heard your name, I found myself grappling with the overwhelming emotions swirling within me. It couldn't be hatred, it was something much bigger. Something beautiful. In the darkest moments, when hope seemed like a distant memory, you appeared like a guiding light, pulling me away from the darkness around me. I will never forget how you risked your own life without a moment's hesitation, just to rescue me. A poor lost soul with no meaning to live. That was until you showed me a path, a meaning. Meaning of my life and a reason to keep fighting! My heart found a rhythm. You breathed life back into my empty heart. Words cannot explain the depth of appreciation i have for you.

With each passing moment, my love and admiration for you deepens, and I realize my feelings for you extend far beyond gratitude. Your presence fills my days with joy and my nights with sweet dreams. I find myself longing for your smile, cherishing your every word. Your touch is like a gentle caress ", sending shivers down my spine, and your laughter is music to my ears.

You were meant to cross my path, to save me from this trembling dark world. You have shown me the beauty of life and the power of love, and i can no longer imagine moving forward without you by my side. I understand that my feelings might be unexpected, and that's why I don't expect anything in return. I only wish that you'd understand this strong feelings that can't leave my chest. Not even for a second."

With those words, he dropped on his knees. As he lifted his face up, i could see his sparkling eyes filled with tears. my head was empty. I couldn't think of an answer, not right now. I knew what this feeling running through my veins was, i knew it really well. I just couldn't find the right words to describe it.

I grabbed his wrist and pulled him in for a long warm hug. My eyes were watering and there was nothing to stop this overwhelming feeling in my heart. "I... i love you too, jinko" I cried out.

I gently placed my hand on his cheek and wiped away those tears before placing my lips on his.

5 years later

As the sun dipped below the horizon, casting a warm orange glow across tranquil beach, atsushi and akutagawa stood hand in hand. The crashing waves provided a soothing backdrop to the moment that seemed suspended in time. Their love story has no ending because it was a love that lasted a lifetime. A love that will forever be engraved in their hearts.

{thank you for reading this! It means a lot to me}