2.07

"So have you two actually made it official?"

The question made Jisung freeze. He looked over to where Jaemin and Chenle were sitting on the couch in the practice room. Chenle had been the one to ask the question, but he also seemed like he couldn't have been any less interested in the topic. Jaemin's interest was perked at Chenle's question and he turned his attention away from his phone to Jisung.

"Wait, there's more?" Jisung frowned. "I confessed though,"

Chenle put his phone down with an incredulous look at Jisung, "What do you mean 'there's more'?" He sat up a little straighter and pointed an accusing finger at Jisung, "Don't tell me you haven't asked her to be your girlfriend,"

Jisung gave a blank stare, blinking a few times in confusion.

Jaemin burst out laughing at Jisung's expression and patted Chenle on the back as the boy stood up, looking like he was just about to attack Jisung.

"YOU DIDN'T ASK HER TO BE YOUR GIRLFRIEND YET?" Chenle exclaimed.

"BUT AREN'T WE?" Jisung panicked at Chenle's raised voice. "WHY AM I BEING YELLED AT!"

Chenle took a deep breath and plopped back down on the couch. With everything going on preparing for their comeback, the boys had been busy. They had all just gone to the salon and were now preparing their own unit songs as well as songs with the entirety of NCT.

It was a hectic mess but it was something that all of the members of NCT were excited about. It would be the first full album as a full NCT since 2018. Everyone wanted everything to be perfect.

"Have you both agreed that you're boyfriend and girlfriend?" Chenle asked, "Like actually said the two words and called each other them,"

Jisung blinked a few times and then his mouth dropped open like the reality of everything Chenle had just said finally sunk in. Chenle let out a groan and Jaemin started chuckling at the two youngest.

"You're an idiot," Chenle sighed but Jisung was already scrambling for his phone.

"I have to ask her to be my girlfriend?!" Jisung panicked, but he didn't even get a chance to look at his phone notifications before the dance instructor called them back to the floor to go over their choreography again.

–––––

Naerin had peacefully been lying on the ground of Michul's apartment when Sowon came diving in. Naerin let out a oomph sound as Sowon's body collided with hers and the older girl grabbed the collar of Naerin's shirt.

"What the hell are you doing?" Naerin grumbled as Sowon yanked the collar of her shirt down to examine Naerin's soulmate tattoo.

At that moment, it looked like an ordinary tattoo sitting on her collarbone. The semi-neat handwriting printing out the letters PJS in black were easily noticeable on Naerin's pale skin. Upon staring at Naerin's tattoo, Sowon let go and pulled up the hem of her shirt to stare at her own tattoo that had the letters JSC on her stomach.

"This is stupid," Sowon grumbled, "Why does Naerin get her soulmate tattoo in a pretty spot, and mine is just placed on my stomach,"

From where they sat on the couch playing games, both Minchul and Kangdae let out uninterested responses. Neither of the two boys had found their soulmates yet, and both were uninterested in the topic as well. They claimed that "when the time came the time came" and never thought anything else of it.

"I heard that your soulmate tattoo is where your soulmate kisses you the most in your past life," Juni smiled brightly at the legend.

"That's stupid, what if your soulmate kissed you the most on your forehead in their past life, then your soulmate tattoo would be on your forehead," Sowon grumbled. "You just like to think that because your soulmate tattoo is on your hand,"