-19-

𝐘/𝐧'𝐬 𝐩𝗼𝐯
Finally, we were getting these court papers printed, Katsuki and I over to my brother's office to pick them up, and so Dominic could come along as well.

"Damn, how many are you printing?" I exaggerated "Enough for a book I guess" Katsuki shrugged "Basically" Dominic agreed as Katsuki and I just sat there waiting for the papers to be done, my stomach turning as I thought about having to see Jace again.

I was so wrapped up in my thoughts that I didn't realize that I was running my nails against my neck, a ghost-like feeling around my neck as if the moment was happening all over again.

But lucky for me Katsuki had snapped me out of it, asking if I was okay.

"Yeah I'm fine, are the papers done?" I asked "Yeah, but if you want, Bakugou and I can hand over the papers, you can just wait in the car or sum," Dominic says, my brother's face giving away at how worried he was.

"No it's fine, I'll go" I shrugged, but honestly I didn't wanna go, but for the sake of my pride and getting this over with, I'll go.

Of course, the two shared a look before letting go of whatever they were about to say.

Anyway, once everything was printed out we had left Dominic's office and headed over to Jace's home, my stomach spinning the closer we got, my entire body heating up as if I were being cooked the feeling was a bit uncomfortable as I shifted in my seat.

"You okay?" Katsuki asked, glancing at me as he drove, my brother in the back seat.

"Yeah I'm fine," I say, my voice even worrying me as I realize how quiet I suddenly sounded, my face burning up even more out of embarrassment.

But the closer we got the more uncomfortable I started feeling, my stomach turning as if I could throw up at this moment, but I tried taking in a few breaths, feeling embarrassed with how exaggerated I was acting.

I shouldn't have felt this bad, but thinking that had made me worse as I had accidentally let a few tears fall once Katsuki parked the car in Jace's driveway.

"Y/n" the two men called out, Katsuki and my brother both giving me concerned looks as I tried hiding my face.

"What?" I asked, my voice painfully cracking "Hey move your hands, it's okay" Katsuki said softly "Yeah it's okay to cry" Dominic added.

"I'm sorry, g-give me a second," I say while trying to wipe away my tears, my older brother moving my hands to wipe my tears.

"Nah don't be sorry, it's okay to feel like this, just know Bakugou and I got you okay? So let it out if you need to" Dominic says, my brother making it known all through my life that he hated seeing me sad and would rather embarrass himself just to make me smile again.

"Yeah we got you, and trust me, that damn loser isn't going to do anything" Katsuki adds "Yeah, now no more crying, or else I have to kill Jace," Dominic says before pinching my face along with Katsuki, the two laughing at my expense which did make me laugh too.

"Y'all are so weird," I say once they let go of me "No we're not, that's just you" Katsuki shrugs before we get out of the car, the two standing in front of me as we walk up to Jace's door.

After knocking we had waited a moment, hearing a bit of shuffling around and footsteps till the door opened to Jace.

"What?" He asked before even looking at us, the man's face looking surprised as he looked up at us.

"Here, we're serving you some papers for court," Dominic says, shoving the papers into Jace's grasp.

"Serving me papers? For what?" "Do you have memory loss or should I beat your ass?" Katsuki buts in, barely flinching when I pulled him back.

"Ay chill out" "Oh it's you bitch, you too scared to hand me the papers yourself? I can't believe your pathetic ass is gonna waste my time with some court bullshit"

Jace was suddenly riled up as he tried to get closer, but my body had reacted before my mind could as I punched Jace, watching him fall back onto the ground, my fists still balled up as I looked down at him.

"Don't fucking talk to me like that Jace, you're the fucking weirdo in this situation so just shut the fuck up like a good bitch and show up to court"

With those words I went back to the car, allowing for Katsuki and Dominic to say whatever they wanted before we left, the men treating me to dinner before the day ended.

꧁꧂
𝐈𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐲𝐚𝐥𝐥
𝐖𝗼𝐫𝐝 𝐜𝗼𝐮𝐧𝐭: 813