Chapter 6 - First Day of Training

A man covered in metal was standing in front of a youth. The appearance of the youth didn't look very good, he had been beaten black and blue.

The young man lifted his head.

"You are shameless old man to beat your own son to such an extent!"

"Oh, you can still answer. It looks like you still have enough energy to continue practicing with your old father."

Kieran's face turned white. It was at this moment that he saw his mother through the house's windows.

"Mom, help me! Your husband has gone mad!"

His mother only glanced in his direction before turning her face away, heading for the kitchen without hesitation, leaving Kieran to his fate.

Sounds of small explosions were heard in the garden, followed by Kieran's cries.

An hour later, Kieran and his father walked into the house. After that hour of training, he was exhausted. His body was filled with aches, every move he made filled him with unbearable pain. Turning his head, he could see his father staring at him with a proud smile on his face.

"You're way too happy for a father who just beat his son."

"I call that educating your child!"

While the two continued to bicker, his mother called them over for dinner.

The table was filled with sumptuous meals. After sitting in his place, he saw his mother looking at him with a bright smile on her face.

"Congratulations for your double awakening, the academy informed us."

"Your mother was so happy when she received this call that the whole neighborhood already knows about it, but after all, it's normal coming from my son!"

His father looked at him with a big smile on his face.

Kieran's mother raised an eyebrow at her husband's words.

"Humpf! He's your son only when it suits you!"

Kieran couldn't stop a slight smile from appearing on his face before his eyebrows furrowed.

"Where's Ryan?"

The smile of his mother's was fading away.

"He told me he wasn't hungry. He wants to be let alone in his chamber."

'Is there really nothing I can do to help Ryan with this weird ability I have?'

He continued to eat with his parents while he was lost in his thought. After he finished his meal, he headed straight to his chamber.

He approached his bed and sat on it before accessing the Aegis Alliance network via his aurora collar.

Now that he had awakened his crystal seed, he could attract the crystal essence inside his body.

Using the crystal essence in the atmosphere was more complicated than simply absorbing it from a crystal core, especially at a time when most techniques had been lost.

Scientists have spent years and years of research to develop ways to attract the crystal essence inside the human body. After thousands of years since the creation of the Aegis Alliance, the alliance had come up with a free cultivation technique accessible to all citizens on the aurora net.

This is what Kieran was currently looking for to download on his aurora collar in order to access it whenever he wants, even when he no longer has access to the aurora net.