Chapter 117 - Master Inscriptionist Association

In a part of the Transcendental Academy of Ostrion, Elseria walked inside a building with a sign above its door indicating Master Inscriptionist Association.

Walking slowly through the entrance hall, many students' eyes fell on her, and the murmurs she had been accustomed to since arriving at the academy were heard one after the other.

Elseria didn't pay attention to their words and continued to walk towards the reception desk while looking at her silver bracelet. Some of the inscriptions on its surface were disabled.

'I turned it off because it seemed broken, but why do I feel like people around me notice me more than before?' she thought to herself as she arrived at the counter.

"Hello," she said to the employee, who looked at her with eyes that seemed filled with disgust despite the smile he displayed.

"Welcome, how can I help you?" said the employee.

"One of the inscriptions on this bracelet appears to be defective. I would like to have it checked," she replied, showing her bracelet.

The employee glanced at the inscriptions but couldn't determine their functions or whether one was defective.

"The level of the inscriptions on this bracelet is higher than my capabilities. Can you give it to me so that I can have it checked by someone more competent?" asked the employee, still wearing a fake smile.

"Yes," replied Elseria, taking off the bracelet from her wrist.

Suddenly, a deafening silence filled the hall. Every pair of eyes that looked in her direction seemed to be in a trance.

Elseria handed her bracelet to the employee, but he seemed unconscious as his eyes were fixed on her.

"Excuse me?" said Elseria, but the employee still didn't answer.

As she was about to call him again, a voice came behind the employee.

"What are you doing, idiot? You don't see that a customer is waiting. Stop daydreaming and move aside."

The employee was pushed aside and seemed to come to his senses while looking at the man who had just arrived.

"S... Sorry, Professor Wen Xin," said the employee, bowing to the man.

Professor Wen Xin seemed to be wearing different clothes from the other professors Elseria had seen so far. His eyes were a dark blue, while his equally colored hair was spiked backward with a braid cascading down his back, along with an accessory resembling an orb attached to the end of the braid.

"Excuse my employee for his incompetence, Princess Elseria," Wen Xin said, bowing slightly before continuing, "As an apology, I will personally check the inscriptions on your bracelet."

"Thanks," replied Elseria, holding out her bracelet.

Inscriptions appeared above Wen Xin's hand before flying around Elseria's bracelet momentarily.

"There is no problem with the two inscriptions on your bracelet," he said.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes. The inscription to obscure your presence from the senses of others and the one that reduces your natural charm are both in perfect condition. It's a waste that someone like you uses both of these inscriptions, but I can understand why, seeing these students who seem lifeless," replied Wen Xin while looking at the students in the hall who had their eyes fixed on Elseria.