Chapter 77 - Ice Mink

Kieran was no stranger to the feeling of space travel anymore. Crossing the entrance of the secret realm was like every time he crossed a rift.
The feeling of spatial loss faded very quickly, and an icy wind assailed him, which made him shiver involuntarily.

He quickly circulated his crystal essence inside his body, expelling the cold air that tried to freeze him in place before examining the area around him.

The cold, icy wind blew snow that filled the entire sky, a mirror-like field of ice continually stretching beyond what he could see. In the distance, he could see pillars of ice stacking on top of each other, creating structures.

"Is this the snowy plain?" Kieran whispered in a daze. He hadn't expected such a sight when reading the information Alexei had given him.

Behind him, the spatial vortex constantly warped, and each time it warped, a member of the team appeared on the snowy plains.

"Which direction are we going?" Kieran asked once everyone had arrived.

The wind was cold, and his breath turned white when he spoke.

"There are 27 crystal beasts gathering points on this plain, 15 of those points resemble the structure made of ice pillars we can see in the distance. Each gathering point is led by a beast at the early stage of Silver rank that it shelters. The two evolution materials we need are in these gathering points. The guild's latest report mentioned that the hundred-year-old Snow Lotus appeared in the southeast of the snowy plain at the third gathering point. We will head there first and let Anna reach the Silver rank before starting to hunt the Silver rank beasts to obtain the soul crystal," explained Alexei.

"Surely there will be a Silver rank beast guarding the lotus, right? We should be able to get both evolution materials at once," said Kieran.

"In an ideal world, yes, but I don't expect us to get a soul crystal from the first beast we kill."

"You're right."

"Amber, call your ice mink."

"Okay!"

A woman stepped out of the group, appearing young, barely a little older than Kieran. She had brown hair tied in a ponytail and hazel eyes, with a cheerful demeanor surrounding her.

Kieran recognized her as one of the few in the group who showed no hostility toward Alexei.

She joined her two hands together like a prayer, then a circle filled with symbols appeared under her feet.

A small mink with white fur appeared in front of her. Shaking its body, it moved quickly, climbing onto her shoulder, its muzzle moving in the air as if trying to pick up a scent.

"Snow, let me know if anything is approaching us. Okay?" she said, rubbing the mink's head on her shoulder, which let out a happy little sound.

"What is this?" Kieran asked, moving closer to Amber.

It was the first time he had seen someone summon a beast in person.

"It's Snow! An ice mink, he has a tracking ability that is enhanced in environments where the ice element is abundant," A smile appeared on Amber's face as she saw Kieran taking an interest in her summoned beast.

"That's a good ability. We're all counting on you, Snow."

He reached out to stroke it when Amber's face went white.

"Wait..."

She tried to stop him, but before she could finish her words, Kieran's hand was already on Snow's head, stroking it.