Chapter 60 - Purchase

After leaving the guard, Kieran quickly moved inside the spatial rift station until he reached a door that was 100 meters in height and length with hundreds of thousands of people coming and going through this door.

He could sense powerful auras emanating from some of the passersby. Although they contained their crystal essence within their bodies, he could tell the Earth Drake was nothing against them.

The sight in front of him had left him speechless. He had never seen so many cultivators in one place. As he walked through the door, it was as if a new world had opened up before him.

A city stretches out in his eyes as far as the eye can see. A transparent blue domed barrier surrounds the whole city with a giant circle of inscriptions serving as an entrance to let many spaceships of all sizes pass through it to enter or leave the city dome.

In the sky above the center of the city hovered a fortress that looked like a giant sword with its blade pointing downward.

He walked into the city speechless at this incredible sight when a huge shadow darkened his surroundings. Looking up at the sky, he saw a giant double-winged snake.

Its long body, covered in feathers, spanning several kilometers, glided through the city's sky as if it were his garden. The winged serpent swiftly arrived above the sword, where it coiled around the hilt, its head resting on top of the pommel.

"Mom! Look, look!" said a little child waving his mother's arm while pointing to the sky with his finger.

"It's the Guardian Beast!"

"The Quetzalcoatl is back!"

"The King has returned!"

All the people around him were not frightened by the appearance of such a beast in the city. On the contrary, each of them seemed to celebrate its appearance.

"A grade B city is really different. Even such a crystal beast is its guardian," Kieran whispered while being impressed by the view of the snake's long body surrounding the sword.

"I'm really impressed with the technology your race possesses, Kieran."

Runihoril, who was following behind him, had his eyes shining as his gaze only darted back and forth each time an unknown object entered his vision.

"Not all human cities are as developed as this one."

"It's still impressive. It may have changed since my death, but my race remains close to nature. Our technological progress is extremely slow. We prefer to create inscriptions formations that can only be used via crystal essence rather than creating technologies that can be used by all as your race does. For even mere mortals to be able to travel in space, it's really impressive."

"Even if it is possible, I heard that the price is exorbitant. If it is an ordinary person without a spiritual world, it will still be impossible for them to travel through space."

"That's not wrong, but the possibility is always there. Where are we going?"

Kieran waved his hands in the air as he stared at the screen that had appeared in front of him, displaying a map of the city.

"We have to go to a station to take a magnetic train to the Starlight Industry. Once there, I could sell what I harvested. With the money I have now, I could never pay for the travel to Ozryn."

"Let's go then!" Runihoril said excitedly.

'Looks like Master likes to see new things.'

A smile appeared on his face as he walked towards the train station. On the way, he opened his aurora collar notifications and began to read the many messages he had received from his family, Thomas and Alexei, as well as several recruitment messages from guilds and even some from the Aegis Alliance army.