Chapter 49 - A Ship!

Ten days passed quickly, it had now been almost two months since Kieran had entered this spatial rift, and after he left the secret realm through the transmission formation array, he hadn't seen a single human.

Lying on Luna's back, he stared blankly at the clear sky.

"I've been here for two months... When am I going to find other humans? Is everyone ok at home? Am... Am I going to stay blocked in this archipelago forever?"

"Get a hold of yourself, Kieran. Even if you don't find humans, you will reach the end of the archipelago in a few years."

"A few years... Hell no!"

Kieran stood up quickly, staring at Runihoril.

"I don't want to stay several years here! I'm tired of seeing all this water!"

A soft wail came from Luna under him.

"I'm not sick of you, Luna. I'll take you back with me, don't worry." he said, gently caressing her.

"Is there really no way of knowing where we are?" Kieran asked.

"No, I'm sorry. You can only be patient."

Kieran sighed, "At least I have the master and Luna with me. I'm not alone wandering the archipelago."

He looked around but could only see waves and islands wherever his eyes lay.

Only an endless sea. No matter how much time passes, nothing changes.

***

An hour later, he was training with Shard of a Broken World in his hands when he heard a faint noise in the distance. Turning back towards the noise, he saw a shadow on the horizon.

It wasn't that far from them, maybe half an hour with Luna's speed.

"Luna!"

Understanding Kieran's call, Luna turned her body toward the shadow on the horizon before swimming quickly in its direction.

The shadow quickly became clearer in his sight until he could finally see what it was.

"Master, look!"

His body trembled with excitement, and a smile appeared on his face.

"A ship!"

Runihoril looked at Kieran but said nothing. He knew that wandering around the archipelago all this time had taken a toll on his mind. Even if he trained tirelessly every day that anyone would think he felt nothing about his situation, his eyes were always empty when he faced the sea around him again.

At this distance, it was easy for the crew on the ship to spot them approaching.

The crew at first thought a crystal beast was attacking them, but one of the men saw Kieran's figure standing on Luna. His eyes changed, and his pupils became as thin as a needle while everything seemed to enlarge in his sight.

He could see Kieran as if he was standing right in front of him, acknowledging who approached them. A look of astonishment crossed his face.

He quickly entered a cabin without even knocking on the door. A man with black hair with purple undertones and a deep scar that crossed half his face was seated behind a desk. He lifted his eyes slightly when he saw someone enter his cabin without knocking.

The man who had entered the cabin froze under that gaze, his body shaking as he bowed to the man behind the desk.

"Ch.. Chief! We spotted Kieran approaching our ship."