Chapter 41 - Double-Bladed Sword Art

An explosion sounded outside the palace entrance as Kade stood behind his cannon with a pale face, his eyes soaked in blood as he stared at the door like a maniac.

"There's no point in continuing. You've been firing that cannon non-stop for over a week. You're so obsessed with the idea of going inside that you haven't even noticed that the dimension has started to collapse. If you want to stay here, that's your problem, but my guild and I are leaving," said Alexei.

Kade watched Alexei leave as he gritted his teeth.

"Damn, how did that guy manage to get inside."

Kade stares at the palace door, which is still intact despite being shot at with a spaceship cannon for a week.

"What are those damn doors made of? Just the number of crystal essence stones I used to fire the cannon cost me over ten million nova..."

Looking around, he saw cracks all over the dimension, growing with each passing second. Eventually, Kade gave up on the idea of being able to open those doors.

"Damn, wasting so much time and getting nothing."

Kade gritted his teeth as he descended the stairs to rejoin his guild members.

Seeing Kade's return, the 300 members of the Thundershields guild fell silent.

"We are leaving the secret realm. I want fifty members to stand in front of the secret realm entrance."

Following these words, Kade made several gestures in the air. Each member of his guild received a notification on their aurora collar.

They quickly opened the notification, and a photo appeared in front of them. A fair-skinned young man with twinkling amber eyes and black hair with shades of dark green sat meditating at the top of the staircase.

"This cultivator is called Kieran, and he is the only person from this expedition to have entered the palace. The fifty members who will remain behind will have to watch every movement around the entrance of the secret realm. You must notify me immediately when you find the slightest trace of him. If you see him leaving the secret realm, intercept him quickly."

"Yes, sir!"

'Let's see if you will be as arrogant the next time we see each other.'

A cold glint crossed Kade's eyes as he left the secret realm.

***

Kieran's vision was blurred. He felt he was moving quickly in one direction but could not control anything. After what seemed to have lasted for days, he found himself in the middle of a forest.

"Where did I land?"

"The range of the transmission formation is around 500km. We are on an island within this range."

Kieran jumped when he heard Runihoril's voice.

'It's true. From now on, he will follow me everywhere.'

Kieran avoided looking at Runihoril, embarrassed to have overreacted to such a small detail.

"First, I need to locate the sea. Once I've found it, I can then attempt to locate the island where I was previously to retrace the route I took when I arrived in the secret realm. Do you know in which direction I should go?"

"No, I'm just a soul. I can't use crystal essence to inspect the surroundings."

"I'm just going to keep walking in the same direction then. I'll end up finding the sea sooner or later."