Chapter 9

Charles wakes up excited. Today is grand prix day. The first one of the season and probably the one with most on the line.

Yesterday in the elevator Charles asked Luna if she wanted to go out on a date, as more than friends, it took her a while to answer, but she did. Right before she got out she said to Charles.

"If you win tomorrow you can take me out."

Charles hasn't seen or spoken to Luna since. He decides to take a shower and get ready to go to the grand prix. After he showered and is putting on his shirt, somebody knocks on the door. It's Andrea. Charles and Andrea bike to the paddock together. First Charles has to do another track walk and have a team meeting. Then when it is ten he has a few interviews. On the way to the f1tv lounge he sees Luna. Instead of waving or saying hello he goes on. No distractions he has to win this race.

After many boring interviews and meetings it is finally time to get ready. He does his warm up together with Andrea and tries to meditate a bit in his trailer. He puts on the suit and gets ready to drive. As he's sitting in the car waiting before he gets pushed on the grid many cameras are shining on him.

Finally there he is. The quiet. Alone with nineteen
Other cars on the track. It is completely silent. Charles tries to clear his mind. His engineer starts talking in the radio "test test". Charles responds "oui, copy."

He takes a deep breath and sees the lights turn on one by one. And then "lights out and away we go"

Charles has an incredible start. He has already gone past Checo. So he is now in P2. Coming into the first corner. The redbull tries to pass him again, but Charles blocks him. He hears trough the radio that already two cars have hit each other.

Around twenty minutes later they are on lap twenty. "Box box" he is les than a second behind Max and more than 10 infront of Checo. Nothing can go wrong. An amazing pit for Ferrari 2.1 seconds. In no time Charles is back behind Max.

Another twenty minutes later on lap thirty-eight. Charles and Max enter the Drs zone. Charles is just over a second behind Max so he cannot use it. The rest of the grid is far behind so it's just a race between Max and Charles now.

Around lap sixty-two, eight laps to go. Charles and Mac re-enter the Drs zone. Now Charles can finally use it he is 0.765 seconds behind Max. In one smooth motion he drives past him, using the extra kick for the Drs he pushes himself even further.

"And Charles Leclerc crosses the finish line first here at the Bahrein grand prix, a beautiful start of the season for him."