char

Bella pov

" are you hungry Bella?" char asked as we entered the house. i was about to tell her no when my stomach betrayed me by growling. i guess it had been a few hours since we left that dinner. damn me and my human needs. char just laughed and said "i will take that as a yes"

she lead me into the kitchen and told me to sit at the bar and she would whip me up something. before she started cooking she brought me a big mug of hot chocolate. i thanked her and took a sip. it was the best hot chocolate i had ever tasted. "wow char this is really amazing! you don't have to cook anything too major,  jasper just took me out to eat a few hours ago."  "your welcome sugar. it wont be too fancy , we don't normally keep food here. on account of not having many human visitors. but peter say you coming so i was able to pick up a few things." char said as she pulled things out of the cabinets and started cooking. "oh char you guys shouldn't have gone to all that trouble just for me"

"nonsense sugar, you should feel at home here. it has been a very long time since i had a female companion. i was nervous that we wouldn't get along. that's why i am so glad we have become such fast friends, you are so much different than Alice." she said as she placed a plate in front of me. well it was more of a platter than a plate, piled high with pancakes, scrambled eggs, bacon, and toast. how did she know that breakfast at night was one of my favorite things in the whole world? char truly was becoming my new best friend with out even really trying .. of course it wasn't that hard since i currently had no other friends .

i took a few bites of the heaven that was char's cooking before i looked up at her and said " peter isn't the only one who knows shit now is he?" she laughed as she handed me a large glass of orange juice. "no he isn't but that's different" i took a big drink then said "how so?"

"well peter knows what people will do but he doesn't know why he knows or sometimes even when they will do it and he doesn't see his power as a gift because he has no control over it... i on the other hand can see a person's inner most desires, sometimes even before they realize that they want it. i am truly thankful for my gift. in my human life i was always a people pleaser , so it makes me very happy to know what the people around me want and need."

i had finished eating while we talked and realizing how late it was, i wondered if jasper would be wanting to take me home tonight. i hoped not, i was really enjoying spending some girl time with char and hadn't even gotten a chance to get to know peter yet. maybe jasper was right, some time out of forks was exactly what the doctor ordered. i hadn't thought of Edward even once since we left my house and i must say it felt great! for the first time since i met him and his extraordinary family , i could actually see my life going on with out Edward in it. 

there was however one man that i could not get out of my head .... MAJOR JASPER WHITLOCK  

AN: ok first off i am so sorry it took me so long to update .. i have been putting in a lot of overtime at work and have a 3 year old so you know real life sucks lol .. and yes i know that char normally doesnt have any powers but hey i didnt want to leave her out of the extremely gifted club lol .. anyway i really hope you guys like the chapter .. it was kinda a short filler but i will be working on chapter 9 tomorrow .... as always please comment and let me know what you thought