Wouldn't call a surprise visit

"I'm not even surprised that you would even bother showing yourself to me again after the events leading up reaching your goal. If it weren't for Y/N you would've erased this world just to make a new one." Cogita said with a tone so calm yet so cold to the person she wasn't fond of seeing again.

"You have some nerve showing your face here again after what you have done."

"You're right I do have the nerve to come to you after what I did but that's not why I'm here for." Volo's tone of voice was serious instead of his usual cheery voice for a change.

Cogita thought all those times Volo was sweet talking his way with not just her but to everyone in Hisui. She guesses it's his way of getting what he wants without putting much of an argument for himself.

"You do know that I wouldn't want to associate with you beyond this point and it's better that you leave and never show yourself."

"Wow Cogita I've never seen you talk back like that." Volo pretended to be offended by Cogita.

"A lady has her ways just as much as how a man does the only difference is that we don't spill things that easily otherwise we'd be at a disadvantage." Cogita said as she added a few bits of sugar to her tea.

"Well then I don't suppose you'll tell me where Y/N lives now will you?"

"Of course I won't tell you where she lives right now in fact if you're just coming here just to ask me about Y/N I'm not going to tell you anything." Cogita looked at Volo with cold eyes as she takes a bite off her cake.

"You know I'm asking nicely before I have to use force." Volo threatened.

"And I said no since I respect the one who put a stop to your evil plans from causing further destruction upon Hisui. Lord forbid this would ever happen if Y/N didn't come in time to do what the Lord sent her for."

"Lord this Lord that I've given up going after Arceus' to take power from it for now until I've found another way to trigger it's presence but that will have to wait. I won't go further without Y/N." Volo raised his voice as a way to get Cogita to talk.

"You dare threaten me?" Cogita stared at Volo glaring at him within her gaze on him.

"And what are you supposed to do about it if I do intend to do something to you?" Volo took one step further on Cogita before an ice beam was aimed on the ground near his feet causing him to step back from the move.

"What in the-" Volo looked over to see Frosslass above who is responsible for the ice beam.

"You know Volo while I am old and wise I'm also rough on those who are willing to test me. You intend in going against me then so be it because I have no problem in fighting you in a battle." Cogita looked at Volo dead in the eye showing up with her pokemon.

"Y/N was gracious enough to lend me her pokemon she'd train just for me to use whenever I need them. You're not wrong about her being the sweetest."

Volo looked around him seeing what pokemon Cogita even has to see what trouble he'd gotten himself into. To which Cogita's teams consist of Frosslass, Ninetales, Gardevoir, Blissey and Lilligant.

"Didn't expect this now did you?" Cogita laughed a bit at Volo's surprised face.

"We can fight if you want if I lose or not I did inform someone to get Jubilife's survey members to head on over here to collect you so do you choose to right or not?"

Volo didn't have anything to say at this point even if he wanted to fight Cogita the chances of her already letting anyone know about his whereabouts and his existence on Hisui means he'll be tracked down for days again without rest. The idea of him retreating the situation now is infuriating but it's not like he can afford to get caught and most likely be outnumbered.

"Alright I won't do anything you for now." Volo raised his hands to surrender as Cogita looked at him once more.

"Letting you go will be a mistake on my part but I'm not going to stoop to your level and let you see another light of day but if you come back again I wouldn't hesitate to let the guards take you in. Do I make myself clear?" Cogita sternly said.

"Yes." Volo glared at Cogita one more time as he left Ancient Retreat.

Cogita sighed as she felt her Gardevoir pat her back and guide her back to her seat. Ninetales warmed up the area to ease the cold air after to sooth Cogita's feeling against Volo.

"I thought he'd never leave." Cogita said to herself as she looked at her strawberry cake realizing the strawberry on the top was gone.

"No surprise there." Cogita said thinking that one of her pokemon probably ate it but she doesn't mind it.

Pearl Clan Settlement~

"Finally all refreshed and ready to go!" Y/N stretched her arms.

"Indeed I'm so glad I can resume to my duties." Irida said.

"All in the day's work for potato mochis." Akari smiled as she ate the potato mochi.

"Seriously how much potato mochi is even in there?!" Y/N asked.

"I don't know but it's nice of Professor Laventon to get Beni to make a lot of it." Akari said as she munched on another potato mochi.

"I can see that." Y/N look at the bag in which it contained so many potato mochi. Almost wondering if the bag is considered a trick or Beni's of unlimited supply of potato mochi.

"Anyways I should head back to Ancient Retreat and see if Cogita would want any of the potato mochi herself." Y/N said as she gathered a few more potato mochi for Cogita.

"Might as well I'm almost stuffed to even eat anymore." Irida said as she patted her stomach feeling full.

"Same. I'll see you two later." Y/N said as she called on Braviary to fly her to the nearest campsite so she gets escorted back to Jublife Village before heading to Cogita's place.

"So Akari how was Gaeric I heard that he ended up getting exhausted after looking for you in the snow." Irida questioned.

"You don't wanna know what I really said to him Irida." Akari looked over at Irida moving her head sideways while forming an x mark with her arms.

"It ain't pretty I'd tell you that." Akari said.

Jublife Village~

After meeting up with Professor Laventon and Rei they were relieved to see that Y/N was back in shape.

"So you don't remember how you and Irida end up passing out in the hot springs at all you say?" Professor Laventon said as he went into thinking mode trying to come up with some random theories that comes to mind in figuring out what might've happened.

"That sounds scary if you ask me getting knocked out in the wilderness is one of my fears because you'd never know who was it or make it back alive." Rei said looking exaggerated of the thought of getting attacked by some unknown pokemon or person.

"Well I'm fine now as long as my pokemon are with me I'll be extra careful to not let it happen again." Y/N said while her mind said another thing.

She wasn't sure if it was him or not but her gut told her to be aware of the surroundings than ever pokemon or not. It all depends on how her luck would work for her.