chapter 12

Andy walked into her now 13 year old room. "Happy birthday, mija." She said whilst opening the blinds."Good morning, mami." Andy leaned down and hugged her daughter."Your dad said he'll give you your birthday presents at the station, and a little birdy told me that the team got you a few birthday presents."  Izzy smiled, "you have 30 minutes to get ready before we absolutely have to leave." Izzy nodded, and Andy left the room."Oh and izz, i'll give you your pressure once you're ready." Andy shouted before she walked downstairs, izzy quickly got up and headed to her closet, she grabbed a cute black and white striped Crop-top, a pair of high rise ripped jeans and a grey cropped zipper. She sat at her vanity and tried a new hairstyle she found on tik tok and not to her surprise it looked really nice, she did her skincare routine and did her make-up, she grabbed a pair of white High-top converse.

She grabbed her station bag and walked down stairs, she walked into the living room were she saw a big blow up balloon with the numbers 13 on it, and 3 presents wrapped in white and gold striped wrapping paper, and two cars one said mija and the other said nieta, Andy walked out and handed her the cards "before your Abelo passed he made sure to write you a card for your 13th ,16th, 18th and 21st. Open his first. It has a special surprise in it."  When she opened the card it had a picture of izz and Pruitt from when the went to the space needle when she was around 5 or 6, on the inside he wrote a special message on the Inside ' i'm so sorry I can't give you this myself, but I still wanted you to get a special Abelo card on special birthdays, I wanted you to know that I am ever so proud of you and want you to never forget that, I love you so much, and I'm so sorry I had to leave you and your mami, there's a special box I've gave to your mami and I want you to have.
amor abuelo x" She had a few tears running down her face."Her you go, mija." She took the small red box out of Andy's hand, she sat on the couch and opened it, inside it was a sculpture of a firetruck and on the base it said 'hand made bye pruitt herrera and Ryan tanner." Andy started tearing up along with Izz. "I miss them so much, mami." Andy gave her daughter a hug."Me to mija." Andy sat up, and izz carefully placed the sculpture and the red box on the table."Here's your first present." She handed her a little box. She ripped the wrapping paper off and opened the box. It was an infinity necklace and earrings "oh I love it, it's so pretty." Andy smiled and handed her another box. She unwrapped it, and it was a shoe box. Inside was a pair of light pink hightop converse." I really wanted these ones, thank you." She gave Andy a hug."You'll get your last present at the station." Andy giggled and handed her the card."Nothing special, just a card, izz." She opened up the card and read it. She gave Andy another quick hug before they had to leave.

Robert and the whole team were setting up a small birthday breakfast for izz, "do you think there's enough white and gold." Jack said whilst laughing."You know the way Andrea gets when it comes to birthdays." They all agreed with Robert, "so what did you get her, Sully." Vic asked him "oh something I think she'll really like." He started smiling, Vic got confused."I got her some make-up she's always going on about how her make-up is getting old." Vic added on , they heard voices coming up the stairs, when they walked into the benary they all shouted "happy birthday." She was so happy, after all the things that had happened this was the first time that Andy or Robert had saw a smile on there daughters face, Robert walked up to her "happy birthday Schatzi." He pulled her into a hug, theo walked over."So how old are you turning, 31." She giggled "nope that's the age you wished you were." They all burst out laughing "okay that one hurt."

Andy took her over to the table, they sat and ate the food that everyone had made, they were all talking and laughing and just having a really good time, as she was about to open her presents Aid car got called, that ment that Gibson and Bishop had to go "open the presents without us it's fine." Maya shouted as she left, Robert and Andy left there presents for last so she opened the ones the team got her, she got a bunch of make-up, new hair accessory, a few new pairs of jeans and tops and a new bracelet that Ben and Miranda picked out to match with Andy's gift, finally she got to open the gift that Robert got her "Okay Chicken I think your going to love this gift."
She opened it up inside was a necklace and a ring on both of them had Robert, andys and izzys' initials, izzy loved sentimental things, "I love then papi." She gave him a hug "Okay my turn." Andy couldn't keep in her excitement, izz took the present out of her hand, and opened it, inside was a few photo frames ,witch Andy had added some custom things to, inside one photo frame was a picture of izzy and her parents and in the other was a picture of her, Ryan and Pruitt, "jezz oh, you guys really want to see me cry Don't you." She started whipping her tears away. She gave Andy a hug and thanked everyone again for the presents they gave her.

After the aid car called Maya and Jack came upstairs to see Ben and Izzy sat on the couch and the team went, "Where is everyone?"" Ben looked over at them."They got a call to a kitchen fire." They nodded and sat down on the chairs "thanks for the presents, guys. I really loved them." Izz said whilst looking over at them."That's a really pretty bracelet. Who got you that?" She looked over at Ben Miranda and Benjamin warren." She did this to annoy Ben , who usually worked "Okay then Benjamin Warren wants the bracelet back." She started laughing,"but does Ben warren want it back?" She said with a big smile on her face, he shook his head."Suppose ben warren doesn't."  She nodded and got up and headed to the bags."Look what pru got me." She took out a bear that had a picture of them on it "isn't it cute? "  Jack jumped."Did it seriously scare you, Jack?" She started giggling "nope just that girl with a pink top on." She gave him a look that made him instantly think about Andy. He jumped out his seat and pointed,"Baby Andy!!!!!" He jumped onto the chair, Andy and sulivan walked into the room as he said that "yea I am a baby Andy, but I'm also a baby Robert, ever tried to not make me laugh, it's impossible." Andy gave Jack the same look that Izz gave him, "Okay that's weird." They started laughing."She's a carbon copy." They all went and sat on the couch "oh that reminds me, izz do you want to stay over at ours tomorrow night pru keeps asking and I said I'll ask you the next time I see you." She looked at both her parents."If it's okay with Bailey and Ben, then of course, mija." She started jumping up and down "Okay too many girly things for me. I'm out." Jack said whilst walking towards the bennery.

It was the end of the shift, and Andy and izz were going home "bye papi." She hugged him."Bye chicken, have a great birthday dinner with your mom." He smiled at his daughter, "Hey, why don't you go get I to the cat? I'll be out in a sec." She grabbed her bag with her presents and went to the car."How about me and you tomorrow night and we go out dancing."  She did a little spin "only for you." He winked,"Pick you up at 8?" She nodded."Probably drop izz off at ben's about 6 ish anyway." He nodded "Okay i'll text you what colour you should wear.'' She was now confused.' Is it acolour?" He nodded."It's themed, so I'll tell you the colour." She agreed and left the station.
Andy and Izz had ordered some pizza and were sitting having a spa night. "So how was your birthday, mija?" She smiled."Amazing, It was one of the better than a lot of my other birthdays." Andy smiled "well I'm happy you had a good day." She looked at the table that still had the red box."Where are you putting your Abuelos gift?" She shrugged her shoulders "ill probably put it on my nightstand beside the picture of me, him, and Ryan." Andy smiled, her daughter was already 13 and she was growing up so so quickly, they finished of there night by stuffing their faces with ice cream, around about 11 o'clock I'd when they went to bed, not expecting anything she got a text from Robert "Hey, the colour you should wear tomorrow is going to be baby blue." She smiled, "Okay, see you on shift tomorrow." Within a minute, he answered straight away."See you on shift tomorrow. Good night, sleep well." She opened the message."Have a great sleep x. " She put her phone on her nightstand and lay in the dark. She couldn't sleep. All she could think about was how she wanted a warm hug from Robert, one where she'd forget anything and everything around her and just focused on him. She eventually managed to drift of to sleep.

□□□□□

Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter.

See you guys in the next one

<3