Chapter 40

Farewell||     

On the day of the funeral,mikey and the others were doing last minute checks on everything to make sure it's perfect. Only 30 minutes left before the guests arrive,and they were all dressed in black,with blank and serious expressions. The butlers gently placed the casket infront of the whole venue for everyone to see. With each passing second,mikey sighed as he stood outside the venue with kakucho.

"You alright,mikey?"

"Yeah."

"I know you're still sad about y/n-chan,bu-"

"No,it's.. not about y/n-chin... it's about the guests."

"Ah... You're.. nervous about them?"

"Yeah."

"How come?Is it because they're your old friends?"

"Yes,and.. I... haven't met them in so long. And they're all aware of the things I did."

"Don't worry about that matter,mikey. What's important is that they're coming here for y/n-chan." Kakucho assured mikey. He was surprised that mikey was starting to open up more and express his emotions,which was unexpected for him and the other members.

A few minutes later,they finally arrived. Draken arrived first in his motorcycle,next was takemitchi and hinata while carrying their newborn baby,next is mitsuya and his sisters,hakkai and his siblings,pah-chin and peh-yan,nahoya and souya,baji and kazutora,and lastly chifuyu,senju,wakasa,benkei,and izana.  They were all wearing black and had the same facial expression as the members. Mikey and kakucho watched every one of them enter the venue quietly,as they stared mostly at mikey. They all took their seats and waited as mikey made his way to the front of the casket with a microphone on.

"Thank you,everyone for coming to this unfortunate event. I'm grateful for it. As you may all know me,I'm manjiro sano,or mikey as you all like to call me. And this.. is my beloved elder sister,Y/n Sano. She was... a brave woman who fought for her family and friends,despite working for a cruel organization. She loved every single one of us,and every single one of us loved her. She was there by our side when we needed it,and she cared for us when she didn't have to. She made us laugh,smile,happy,loved for,and we did the same to her. She was... a talented and kind person to all of us. So,let us say our final goodbyes to her." Mikey spoke calmly as he got out of the stage,looking at draken to start walking to the casket. 

Draken understood as he stood up,slowly making his way towards her casket. He looked down on her,seeing her peaceful smiling face and pale body.

"Y/n.. You did good... protecting mikey from trouble. And.. taking care of him. Remember that we'll always miss you." Draken spoke as he placed a white rose on her casket to show respect.

The next person came up,and it was the akashi siblings. Senju was silently crying her eyes out while sanzu and takeomi were trying not to.

"Y/n-chan... I miss you already.." Senju looked at her in the casket with teary eyes. She couldn't properly describe the words she felt,instead she just hugged the casket tightly before placing another white rose on it. Sanzu came up,and he was trying his best to compose himself and not cry.

"Y/n.. I... I'm sorry. That I didn't make enough memories for the both of us. Especially when we joined toman.. I was... Envious of you because mikey always hung out with you. And.. About your first day joining bonten,I'm sorry as well." As he continued talking,mumbling almost,he started tearing up as well while looking at her smiling face.

"I was... stressed that day. And.. when I saw you,it made me.. even more stressed—no offense.. But... Rest in peace y/n. Atleast you're in another happy place besides here." Sanzu smiled down at her,tears falling down her casket as he placed two white roses on the casket. Next up,was takeomi.